Omni-Glide Castors Design Flaw | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Omni-Glide Castors Design Flaw

• 22 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Same issue as this topic

I had issues with the OmniGlide castors basically as soon as I purchased in 2022. Dyson support was unhelpful and basically gave me the runaround constantly saying with regular maintenance it shouldn’t be an issue. The castors have a major design flaw in that they are captive and can’t be removed to easily remove hair. Then the castors get stuck and the entire machine doesn’t roll smoothly anymore

In 2023 I attempted to purchase replacement castors even though I knew that this wouldn’t solve my issue. Dyson support promised that the parts would be back in stock soon, they never did come back in stock and you’ll note now they no longer sell the castors on the spare parts page. 

This is complete garbage and Dyson should be held accountable for this. Feel free to contact me Dyson (I tried email, whatsapp, whatever I could find and nobody did anything), but I doubt you will. Won’t be buying Dyson again I can tell you that.

I have had the Omni glide a week and have this issue. Had to take a set of thin nosed tweezers to get the fluff and hair out. Definitely a design flaw.