Vis nav keeps asking for me to clean its sensors | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,

since some weeks my dyson 360 vis nav is throwing a clean sensor error after (almost) every run. I clean it like crazy and it is almost as clean as new. Sometimes I can find some tiny tiny pieces of spider threads on the front left sensor. Is it really this sensitive? Is there a way to see which sensor is causing the error, I might have overlooked someting.

Thanks!

Hi @Morcman,

It’s certainly possible the sensor lens does just need some careful cleaning to remove fragments of spider web or other debris.

I’ll be in touch directly to request some further information to help us troubleshoot this issue!

Hi @Morcman,

From the information you’ve provided, we can see your Dyson robot’s alerts are being triggered by the front left obstacle sensor.

Our recommendation would be to carefully examine the sensor cover for any dust, lint, fingerprints, smudges or scratches - as these could all impact the function of the sensor. Something like a soft, dry microfibre cloth can be used to carefully clean the sensor cover.

If you continue to encounter this issue even after checking and cleaning the sensor cover, your machine will need a repair. You’ll be able to schedule this by visiting Dyson.com and clicking Support to speak directly to Dyson Customer Care in your region.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for this information. This is exactly the sensor which is affected by a bit of spider web. I will have a look for this unwanted guest. I will also check the sensor when the error occurs next time.