Why can't I get a replacement Air Wrap after Customer Service asked me to send in? | Dyson Community
Question

Why can't I get a replacement Air Wrap after Customer Service asked me to send in?

• 2 April 2024
  • 0 replies

I am very upset over the quality of service I have received from Dyson and I am just trying to resolve this issue in good faith, but after 8 weeks I’m finding a resolution frustrating and virtually impossible.

I had experienced several occurrences in which my Dyson Airwrap started shutting off sporadically. After contacting your toll free number on Feb. 12, 2024 and describing the issue, your rep connected to my phone and videoed the machine's malfunction. She indicated it was an electronic short  and  since it was still under warranty, immediately sent me a UPS return sticker, asked me to pack up the entire machine with attachments and send it to your warehouse in El Paso. She said I should receive a new machine in a maximum of 2 weeks.

After 2 weeks of not hearing or receiving anything, I called Dyson at the end of Feb (the wait time can be quite long). Had to go over the whole story. She looked into the situation and told me the first CSR did not create an  order for the new machine nor did she assign an order number or case number. I understood that the first rep did not follow through and therefore the warehouse did not know what to do with my machine once received. So, this rep put through the order for the new machine. Since Dyson did not have my exact product in stock, she was sending me the newer custom version airwrap with short hair attachments. She was also going to send a gift set of brushes and clips for the inconvenience and wait. She told me that I would receive either a call or email from the Warehouse once it shipped.

Didn't hear anything for 10 days.....Called AGAIN..... Long hold... Repeated story.The gentlemen put me on hold when verifying information and the connection was lost.

CALLED IMMEDIATELY AGAIN...Long Hold...Repeated story. Got another CSR.  She told me the new order was not placed and told me she would place it again. This time I asked for an order number.....she gave me a case number 37232292 and told me I should receive an email once the Airwrap was mailed within 24 to 48 hours.

Never heard anything for 3 days. CALLED AGAIN.  Repeated my story. He said when my machine was received in El Paso, they didn't know what to do with it, so they put it in a foreign mail pile. I have no idea why since I live in Texas. The short story is he said my case had to go to the fraud department to make sure I was truthful and this was not a scam. He told me I should hear in 5 to 7 business days. It was upsetting to learn the previous reps didn't mention any delay due to fraud or otherwise. I made him send me an email providing his name and email address since my trust in your service reps was gone. The deadline he would know something was March 18th and I sent a request for an update. After complaining, I received 2 canned email responses thanking me for my patience and they would let me know something as soon as they heard.

TODAY, APRIL 1st I GET A CALL FROM ONE OF YOUR SERVICE CENTERS. SHE TOLD ME THE ITEM I SENT WAS NEVER RECEIVED BY THE WAREHOUSE AND IT IS UP TO ME TO CONTACT UPS AND SUBMIT A CLAIM!!!!!

This is totally unacceptable!!! All because your first phone rep didn't do her job. The end result is no replacement airwrap for me after 8 weeks, and hours on the telephone with your customer service department. I feel like a prisoner in Dyson's Customer Service hell!

I received the Dyson Airwrap as a Christmas gift after wanting one for a long time. At this point, I would never spend a penny on Dyson products. My confidence in the management of Dyson and the quality of your products is very low. I am also very tired of listening to your Service Departments excuses with no results.

CAN YOU HAVE SOMEONE SEND ME A WORKING DYSON AIRWRAP SHORT HAIR ATTACHMENTS ASAP TO REPLACE THE ONE I MAILED ON FEB 12?

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.