Scheduling times not in order | Dyson Community

Scheduling times not in order

• Novice Member
  • 2 replies

Goal: I want the Dyson Hot/Cool fan to run all night on cool at a low speed. At set intervals I want the Hot fan to come on and briefly heat up the room. Then I want the heat to switch off and go back to the low cool setup.

Example:

1. Start 7pm, Cool, Speed 1, Stop 8am next day.

2. Start 1am, Heat, Speed 1, 22 degrees, Stop 1:10am.

So this would look like:

* 7pm to 1am cooling speed 1.

* 1am to 1:10am heat 22d speed 1.

* 1:10am to 8am cooling speed 1.

* 8am shut off.

Issue: In the above example, this does not happen. After the heat schedule finishes at 1:10am, the fan shuts off instead of continuing with schedule 1. That is:

* 1:10am shuts off.

It looks like the scheduling will continue with schedule 1 ONLY if schedule 2 is before midnight. See attached screenshot.

I could setup a third schedule to continue with schedule 1 settings however as there can only be 3 schedules per day I would not be able to add any other schedules. E.g. a second heat schedule.

Is this a defect? Or is there a way I can set this up to work? 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Either a scheduling conflict, the fan doesn’t detect a lower temperature than 22 or the night mode is making it seem like the machines switched off.

1. Increase the heat to say 28-30. See if this triggers the other schedule. 
  2. Try the event without the night option selected.
  3. Increase the overall fan speed. 1 - 2 is very low. 

Also, I’m almost sure that there isn’t a limit to the number of events you can have. They just can’t conflict with one another.

Try setting the whole event up like mine.. 

Goal: I want the Dyson Hot/Cool fan to run all night on cool at a low speed. At set intervals I want the Hot fan to come on and briefly heat up the room. Then I want the heat to switch off and go back to the low cool setup.

Example:

1. Start 7pm, Cool, Speed 1, Stop 8am next day.

2. Start 1am, Heat, Speed 1, 22 degrees, Stop 1:10am.

So this would look like:

* 1:10am to 8am cooling speed 1.

* 8am shut off.

Issue: In the above example, this does not happen. After the heat schedule finishes at 1:10am, the fan shuts off instead of continuing with schedule 1. That is:

* 1:10am shuts off.

It looks like the scheduling will continue with schedule 1 ONLY if schedule 2 is before midnight. See attached screenshot.

I could setup a third schedule to continue with schedule 1 settings however as there can only be 3 schedules per day I would not be able to add any other schedules. E.g. a second heat schedule.

Is this a defect? Or is there a way I can set this up to work? 

I’ve left a comment but it needs to be approved by a moderator… 

Thanks for the reply. I've played around and I think I've worked it out (defect or missing requirement in my eyes).

Screenshot 1: If I set the first schedule to be after midnight, and add just one other schedule, then it schedules right and the second schedule is added in between the start and end times of schedule 1.

Screenshot 2: If I add a third schedule, to the above 2 schedules, and set it to be also inside start and end times of schedule 1, this breaks schedule 1 and it doesn't order right. That is, schedule 1 start/end times should include both schedule 2 and 3 but doesn't. 

Screenshot 3: Schedule 1 (3am start) is actually my second schedule. I want the fan to come on at 7pm, then to change at 3am. However, as we can only schedule per day it picks up the start times only and so schedules the 3am one as first. This makes sense but after the 3am schedule finishes, the fan shuts off. As you mention, I'd need to start a new schedule at the end of 3am one but that uses up a schedule. See below, there is a max of 3 schedules per day.

Screenshot 4: Error message when trying to add a 4th schedule.

Solution 1: Add the ability to have multiple changes in one schedule. That is, a user can set multiple start/stop, temp and other changes for 1 schedule. This schedule can then be set for days of the week.

Solution 2: Allow multiple schedules to be inside the start/end times of another schedule.

Solution 3: Allow schedules to be set without days of week.