Any updates on diagonal zone separator | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Any updates on diagonal zone separator

• 11 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Can anyone at Dyson please update us on the status of diagonal zone dividers?  This is a critical feature that is still missing.  The VisNav cannot effectively clean our home without using diagonal dividers.  

Thank you.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @CurlyBee,

I’ve replied to you directly, and on your other post, but for the benefit of our Community members - we’re not in a position to share any updates on the inclusion of diagonal dividers within zoning for the MyDyson™ app. We don’t normally reveal planned contents of future app updates ahead of time.

We can't guarantee all feature requests will make it to production, or speculate about timelines for this sort of thing. I can only apologise for any disappointment this causes, but I can reassure you that your feedback has been passed along.

Badge +1

Hey @Jack, thank you.  

I understand that feature requests may not make it into production, and that Dyson doesn’t reveal planned updates beforehand, but this is a serious flaw in the app that needs to be addressed sooner than later.  This isn’t a “nice to have” feature, it’s a basic functionality feature that is missing.  

I feel like if I asked something like “wouldn’t it be nice if the VisNav played holiday music while vacuuming during the holidays,” that would be something that would be fun, but it wouldn’t be revealed until December, I’d understand (like Elon adding games to my Tesla around Christmas…always a fun surprise!).

But something like not being able to handle diagonal dividers is something that prevents the unit from operating correctly in many homes, so it would be really nice if someone at Dyson could actually talk with the product team and communicate that information to customers.  With absolutely no feedback coming from Dyson on this, to a loyal customer, it feels like there is no solution in the works.  And customer service is a roadblock to getting any information…I was promised a callback from a customer service manager, and that didn’t happen until this week, maybe a month later?  They still didn’t have any answers about the app.  We are finally replacing my unit just in case the other issues are hardware-related.

Having worked at Apple as a customer service trainer, I know that the repeated calls to customer service actually costs Dyson.  Also, when I’ve spoken (again) to the customer service folks, I understand that they are contracted and separate from corporate Dyson, so they do not have information.  My goal is to open communication with Dyson’s app/engineering group to try and find out when this will be fixed.  

Customers have asked about this (according to reviews) since introduction almost a year ago.  I don’t understand why Dyson wouldn’t want to get the information out…unless there is no solution in the works.  If it’s bad news, then I think Dyson owes its customers something more than “we just can’t say anything.”  

Let customers know the truth so they can make an educated decision on whether the VisNav is the right vacuum for them.  If I had known this was a limitation, I would have simply purchased the rehab kit for my 3-year-old Roomba and waited until Dyson had a solution.  I’ve wanted a Dyson robot since they were introduced a decade ago.

Thank you for trying…