Feature request to manually adjust mapped area | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hi community! I just got the robot and am pretty happy with it so far (especially the suction power and the ability to move through certain obstacles). However there are certainly some areas I hope the robot can be better at: during mapping phase, the robot incorrectly mapped the office chair in the middle of the room as a bunch of walls (see picture), and cannot be corrected manually unless I do a full mapping again. If I move the charging station, the robot also wants to do a full remap.

Here are some of my suggestions: 

• improve the precision of the mapping process (probably longer term)
    • probably allow remap by zone?
    • allow the robot to update its knowledge of the map gradually (like it will update the map to remove the hole once it finds out it can actually go through it)
  • allow adjusting the mapped area (at least for certain areas like I would like to remove the hole at the top left of the map as it’s actually a chair)
  • allow manually adjusting the location of the charging base in the map

Unlike a lot of other reviews out there, I am actually mostly enjoying the robot, so keep up the good work!

[...]

• allow the robot to update its knowledge of the map gradually (like it will update the map to remove the hole once it finds out it can actually go through it)

[...]

This is already working. The map gets updates as soon as the robot finds new spaces. Your hole in the room should disappear over time.

But I would also like to remove newly find spaces as those are not always accurate.