Dyson Superson, shocking customer Service | Dyson Community
Question

Dyson Superson, shocking customer Service

• 24 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I own 2 Dyson products and have been a loyal Dyson fan for the last 8years. My experience with trying to get a replacement for my Dyson supersonic has been extremely frustrating:

1. 8th April - called Dyson customer service, spoke to a lady who took me through checks and then advised she is sending out a replacement for my Dyson Supersonic. very pleasant and helpful
  2. 19th April - call back to customer services as the hairdryer has not turned up, am advise that as the colour of the replacement was not in stock, so the order was cancelled (no one sent a message). I state that I don’t mind what colour hairdryer I get I just need a replacement as I would like to wash my hair. The customer service lady goes away and checks stock, advises me that they have stock and she will send out again. Very Pleasant and helpful
  3. 24th April 8;30am - call customer services, who looks at the notes and advises that the colour that I want is not in stock, I state that the colour doesn’t matter and she starts saying she will send one out, by this point I'm a little frustrated and advise her that I would like the issue escalated, its not the fact that it is not in stock but the no communication and I do not want the same thing to happen. The lady goes away to try and escalate to the escalation team, but comes back to advise that there would be at a minimum 45 mins wait, I could have someone call me back. I agree to a call back and she sends an email with an escalation case number and advising it would be 3-4hrs when someone will come back.
  4. 24th April 16:33 - nobody has called back, I call again and the customer service person asks for the case number, I give the escalation number and he reads the notes and says he will go and see if he can get someone from the escalation team. He comes back and advises nobody is around, at every point he is calling me sir, I advise him I am not a sir. He then starts to say he can send 1 out and I stop him and say I'm sorry but this has been escalated and I would like to speak to someone as its about the communication, at this point I ask his name and how to spell it, as he has been quite rude I feel. He states that he does not have to spell his name (Emer) as he gave me it at the beginning and the call is recorded, I ask him again if he could spell it and he refuses, he also states that I have not escalated the case so he should be able to send something out, I say but I have an email giving me an escalation case number and I would like someone to come back to me. He then states that an escalation takes 24-72hrs, I advise him that I have an email stating otherwise, then I ask for an email address which he gives me ownersupport@dyson.co.uk I then finish the call.

At this point I still do not know when I will get a replacement and am frustrated and annoyed at the lack of communication and the attitude of the last customer service agent, somebody needs to listen to the tape and give some training. I cannot believe there is not formal complaint avenue for a product.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @spinnock,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this. I’m sorry your experience so far hasn’t been as quick and hassle-free as we’d expect. 

I’ve reached out to you directly to take some further details about this. 

I’ll look forward to hearing from you!

This is so frustrating. A very very similar thing has happened to me and I am awaiting contact from the escalation team after 4 months of not receiving my replacement. 

Did you get any response after the person above Jack looked into this for you?

An update, I was contacted by a manager:

1. Thursday 25th April late - she promised a replacement and advised that she would follow up with an email as it was late so nothing would be done till Monday probably. 

2. Wednesday 01st - no email no update, so had to call again. Customer services were pleasant and the lady advised it was out of stock again! No contact, but she promised she would send one out today 02nd may, she said she would personally keep an eye on it. 

3. 02nd Thursday- a DPD driver came but I checked the box before he left and I had been sent an air wrap instead of a supersonic! I called customer services again and they apologised, I stated I have Afro hair so could not use it so sent it back and I did not care about the colour, he said that he could see another colour but he would need to check if that could be sent …. A long wait, it would need to be escalated in order to send another colour……… escalation can be 72hrs, ridiculous. At this point it’s a farce I just want to be able to wash and dry my hair. 

what I will say is customer services have been quite good, Dyson need a better inventory system, one that when something is not in stock it shows properly and if a replacement is cancelled it automates an email to the client with a message and asks if ok with another colour, then sends that out instead of computer says “no stock, not my problem “

I am travelling next week so let’s see how long this will take.