To increase engagement and get the most out of your posts, try following these simple steps:
- Know your audience – avoid using abbreviations or jargon in the ‘Title’ and ‘Description’. Not everyone may know what you mean by a certain phrase. If you do use either, write the complete/non-jargon word the first time, with the abbreviation/jargon in a bracket next to it. You can then continue using the abbreviation or jargon throughout your post and everyone will understand.
- Be clear – when writing your ‘Title’ and ‘Description’ make sure you’re not going off topic. If you seem to be heading in more than one direction, maybe split the content into multiple posts.
- Make sure you choose the right ‘Sub forum’ to post in – picking your audience is key if you’ve posting about a specific topic, posing a wider question or starting a new conversation. If it’s in the wrong place it may not get the engagement you’re hoping for. Moderators can move a post if it needs to go into a different forum, so don’t worry about deleting and recreating it.
- Add the right ‘Tag(s)’ – Adding the appropriate Tag(s) to your post is just as important as anything else. These not only help other users navigate around the forum, and show in the search results, but provide a clear picture, at a glance picture of what your post contains and which machine your are posts about. Read more about machine specific Tag(s) on our Understanding which Dyson machine I own article.
- Lastly – this is primarily a peer-to-peer community, so please be friendly and
Please remember, content (other than from a Dyson Community Manager and/or Moderator) that is posted by other Dyson owners has not been provided or verified by Dyson. If any advice sounds unsafe or incorrect, please do not try it. If you are unsure about any content please flag the post by selecting the three dots in the bottom right hand corner.