Crevice tool light-pipe - Not working. | Dyson Community
Solved

Crevice tool light-pipe - Not working.

• 29 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello Everyone,

I have a Dyson V8 plus supplied without any type of “Crevice tool” although there is a vacant slot to accommodate this accessory as it hangs on the wall. Post sale I decided to purchase a Crevice tool with the illuminating feature however the two “sent-out” did not function properly with only the briefest blink of light and then only as the machine was initially triggered. Trying to have the problem solved has not bought my way any joy: The benefit versus anxiety measurement told me to walk away, modern methods we see in customer-support can wear you down and one must realise when “they” are impacting your mental health. Did I mention the multiple trips back and forward to the Post Office, phone calls going nowhere and the over-friendly conversations with Robots?

As a last resort, I now put forward with blind faith, the hope of a sensible answer.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 31 August 2023, 13:04

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

So did it not work or did it just fail to begin with? It sounds like either a faulty part or an issue with the powered connections. Dyson UK show it is compatible with the V8. If its happened over multiple occasions I suspect the stick vac is the problem and not the part. Try cleaning the power connections and starting over. If it doesn’t work, and you don’t have the time to troubleshoot why, there isn’t much you can do. Walking away as you put it might be the best option. 

Hi @JC34 

Thank you for raising this with us.

It seems as if the both attachments you received has not worked. To make sure the issue is not with the part kindly try to attach the part directly to your machine and check if it works.

You will also have to attach the machine to your wand and check if it is not the connecters.

If you wish to return the part for a full refund the easiest way is to contact the live chat team.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation.  

Thanks, 

You might want to watch this from YT. Compatibility testing across different Dyson units. It also shows the expected lights when in use.