Solarcycle task light app settings issue - No Connection | Dyson Community
Solved

Solarcycle task light app settings issue - No Connection

• 14 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just gotten the Solarcycle Task Light and set it up, and I am having an issue with the app. In the MyDyson app on the 'Your light's configuration page' I always see a 'Connection failed' message in the 'Daylight' and 'Age adjust' sections (see images below). Tapping 'Retry' does nothing but re-display this message. Bluetooth on my phone is turned on, and confirmed to be activated on the light (hold motion button down until the main light flashes twice). This is despite the light actually adjusting the brightness and color throughout the day, based on my set location, so it looks like it's working even though the app tells me there's no connection.

I'm on an Android phone (Samsung A21) with the most current/updated app. It doesn't matter if the light is powered on or off, the app always displays this message. Nor does it matter if the light is set to manual or synchronized mode. I have removed and added it back to my account with the same issue always recurring; I am able to set the location inutially when adding the device but it never shows me 'Daylight hours for today'. It just seems to be stuck on 'Compiling location data' though the app allows me to skip past this screen. I've tried using different cities as reference points with the same results. I'm also not able to change the 'Location' in the app once set, as tapping that option does nothing as well.

Anyone else having this issue or know the cause/solution?

icon

Best answer by Stuart 21 July 2023, 14:21

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hi @ReviewedByPhil 

Thank you for raising this with us.

The Solarcycle task light usually connects without any issues. 

Here are a few steps to make make sure your light connects successfully.

Choose the room the light will be in. You can add a custom room by selecting edit on the option at the bottom of the list.

Press 'select' to confirm your room, this will return you to the previous screen. Press 'confirm' to continue set-up.

We recommend to keep auto-update enabled to improve your light's performance, however you can disable auto-update here if you wish.

If this does not resolve the issue, please call the local Dyson helpline and speak to one of our experts. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section on our Guides and manuals link.

Regards,

Userlevel 1

Hi @ReviewedByPhil 

Thank you for raising this with us.

The Solarcycle task light usually connects without any issues. 

Here are a few steps to make make sure your light connects successfully.

Choose the room the light will be in. You can add a custom room by selecting edit on the option at the bottom of the list.

Press 'select' to confirm your room, this will return you to the previous screen. Press 'confirm' to continue set-up.

We recommend to keep auto-update enabled to improve your light's performance, however you can disable auto-update here if you wish.

If this does not resolve the issue, please call the local Dyson helpline and speak to one of our experts. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section on our Guides and manuals link.

Regards,

Thank you for your reply @chad.mosiki However, this was not the solution, as I have already selected the room for the light, and it is assigned to the pre-defined “Living Room” selection (see below). It’s odd since the main screen does show the sync location I had chosen when I added the light to the app, and the light does seem to be adjusting the settings throughout the day as expected. Yet in the configuration page I still see a “Connection failed” message in both the Daylight and Age Adjust sections, as shown in the images of my OP, which prevents me from making changes to those settings. I saw another Android user describe a similar connection issue on another forum, so perhaps it’s an OS compatibility issue. I’ll have to reach out to the Dyson helpline and see if they have any more information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @ReviewedByPhil

Thanks for posting this here - If you’ve not already seen, we have a host of material in the Lighting knowledge area, that might offer a solution. 

As you’d mentioned issues with accessing the settings, it could be the result of a software mismatch or the inability to connect to the Dyson Cloud. Could I suggest refer to this article: Power Cycling/Restarting your light

If this doesn’t resolved the problem, I'd encourage you to contact the Dyson Helpline, speaking with our experts directly. They’re best placed to offer further support in your region, as they have access to the specific diagnostics for your machine. Failing that, I’d expect that they’d raise a ticket with the Software team for investigation. 

To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Thanks, 

Stuart