Air quality during Night mode Hp07 | Dyson Community
Solved

Air quality during Night mode Hp07

• 2 December 2021
  • 2 replies

• Rookie Member
  • 1 reply

Hi I have recently bought Dyson HP07 Hot+Cool for my home. It’s been four days. It’s working fine. But can anybody explain this to me that why the air quality starts dropping while night mode is on. And does the air quality ever reaches good or not. As when I switch to the night mode after using Auto mode, the air quality as per the app starts dropping to very poor.

Thanks

P.S. I am new to the community. 

(Edited by moderator – tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 3 December 2021, 13:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @SaM 

Welcome to the Community. 

At first glance, I’d suggest the machine is picking up something in the local environment that is causing the Air Quality to go from Good through to Fair and then onto Poor. In the long term you might be able to identify the cause of this and look at reducing it. Read our ‘What are the common household pollutants?’ article to help identify what it could be. 

For now, as you are seeing this increase when you switch the machine to Night mode, I recommend using Auto mode at the same time. When both modes are active, the machine will continue to monitor the air quality and respond to changes by increasing or decreasing the fan speed. The ‘Using Night mode’ can provide some more information about this function. 

Feel free to @Me if you have any follow up questions. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Stuart

Hi @SaM 

Welcome to the Community. 

At first glance, I’d suggest the machine is picking up something in the local environment that is causing the Air Quality to go from Good through to Fair and then onto Poor. In the long term you might be able to identify the cause of this and look at reducing it. Read our ‘What are the common household pollutants?’ article to help identify what it could be. 

For now, as you are seeing this increase when you switch the machine to Night mode, I recommend using Auto mode at the same time. When both modes are active, the machine will continue to monitor the air quality and respond to changes by increasing or decreasing the fan speed. The ‘Using Night mode’ can provide some more information about this function. 

Feel free to @Me if you have any follow up questions. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Stuart

Thank you for the help.