Dyson Airwrap doesn't seem to work | Dyson Community
Question

Dyson Airwrap doesn't seem to work

• 16 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I received a Dyson airwrap for Christmas. However everytime I use it it doesn't seem to straighten my hair. My hair is already volumised and curly. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong?

2 replies

Hi @K27,

Thanks for your post. The Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler is optimised for curling, shaping and smoothing hair with its Coanda brushes and barrels. You may find the Dyson Corrale™ or Dyson Airstrait™ straigheners are better suited if your primary styling need is to straighten your hair.

Ensuring you’re using the right brush, airflow and heat setting, styling from damp to dry, then setting with Cool shot, may help get the result you’re looking for. You can also add a suitable styling product if you want.

Check out our tips/tricks/guides for all of the Dyson hair care machines at this link:

https://community.dyson.com/getting-started-with-styling-127

There has been controversies around the product. As in, whether you can use it to straighten your hairs or not. Nonetheless, here are a few steps you can use to straighten your hairs:

1. Start off with a hairstyling product. 
  2. Then, put a Heat Defense product. 
  3. Use the Dyson Airwrap with the Dryer Attachment. 

After the above-mentioned steps, you’ll notice your hair are more curlier than straight—that’s a good sign (stay with me for the next steps.) 

1. Apply more Heat Defense more the upcoming steps + to dampen your hair. 
  2. Use the firm smoother attachment on your Dyson Airwrap. 
  3. SLOWLY run the Dyson Airwrap under your hair. Start with the root and work your way to the bottom. 

PS: Before using the smoother attachment, comb your hair to detangle any knots. Also, sectioning is generally recommended as it helps to efficiently straighten your hair with the Dyson Air Wrap. Hope this helps :)