Help with dealing with customer service for broken hair air wrap | Dyson Community
Solved

Help with dealing with customer service for broken hair air wrap

• 6 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi I am very upset as I just got off with customer service and they were very unhelpful!!!!

My air wrap is not working and it was given to me as a gift from my mother who has passed. They are unable to find the serial number, they claim. They said I need proof or purchase, which I do not have. 
What do I do, this was a gift and an expensive one, I have all the parts, the manual and it’s not turning on! This is awful. How can such a well known and well respected company not be willing to help???

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jgoldbergus

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 July 2023, 12:08

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hi @jgoldbergus 

Thank you for raising this with us.

Normally when you do not have the accurate purchase date for your machine the customer service team will register the machine to the recommended purchase date on the system. 

You maybe able to move forward and register the machine without needing their input - Follow the link here to find out how you can register the machine on the Dyson and the Dyson app.

If you need further support ahead of contacting Dyson or registering your machine, simply navigate to our online support guide, which you can find here - Guides and manuals. Select your machine from the on-screen options to get started. 

If you need any more help, reach out. Our moderation team or either another member might reply with some further help. 

Regards.

I have my item registered but I apparently the customer service cannot verify the purchase through Dyson and since my mother who purchased this has died, I can’t find out where she bought it. I sat on phone for over 30 minutes, FaceTimed with agent and asked to speak with supervisor and they said one would call me back and NOTHING!

But it’s still not working and what do I do, just throw it out??? So upsetting that Dyson will do nothing!!!!

I have my item registered but I apparently the customer service cannot verify the purchase through Dyson and since my mother who purchased this has died, I can’t find out where she bought it. I sat on phone for over 30 minutes, FaceTimed with agent and asked to speak with supervisor and they said one would call me back and NOTHING!

But it’s still not working and what do I do, just throw it out??? So upsetting that Dyson will do nothing!!!!

If your product doesn’t have a serial number in the location it should, they’ll have to verify the purchase to ensure it was legitimate and not a counterfeit - you’ll find all technology companies do this, it isn’t exclusive to Dyson. 

The only other way they can validate the machine as being legitimate is by doing a virtual or physical inspection. If they’re unable to carry this out and prove you’ve got a product, they can’t help. 

The airwraps don’t have replaceable parts, I‘d think they need to inspect it anyways. Ask them to arrange a collection.