Looking to buy a Dyson V12 vacuum. Will it work if I move back to Brazil? | Dyson Community
Solved

Looking to buy a Dyson V12 vacuum. Will it work if I move back to Brazil?

• 16 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I am looking to buy a Dyson V12 Detect Slim™ Absolute here in the US but concerned with the fact that I might move back to Brazil in a couple of months. I couldn't find a straight answer about whether or not the vacuum would work there.

Brazil operates on a 127v supply voltage, so very similar to the US.

Do you know if that would work?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 18 June 2023, 11:18

View original

3 replies

Hi ​​​​​​@isadorafc,

If your planning on traveling abroad/overseas for any duration and thinking of taking your Dyson Cordless vacuum with you, here is what you need to know:

Where the country has a different electrical voltage or where the plug design differs from that of the country the vacuum was purchased in, to be able to charge your machine safely, without risking damaging the battery, you’ll need to purchase a compatible charger locally. 

Purchasing a charger locally will enable you to safely charge your machine without running any risk of over- or under-charging your unit. It will conform to local electrical voltage and be compatible with the local plug design.

Read more about this on our Can I use my Cordless vacuum cleaner abroad/overseas? post. 

Thanks,

Confirmed. New/local charger works. Sent our aging V8 stateside, mother-in-law picked up a new charger and it’s going great.

Confirmed. New/local charger works. Sent our aging V8 stateside, mother-in-law picked up a new charger and it’s going great.

Hello,

I am planning to bring my Dyson V12 from Malaysia to Brazil. May I ask where you bought the new local charger in Brazil? I cannot find any info on the Dyson Brazil website. I will arrive in Rio this month and I would appreciate your help.

Thanks