My AM09 switches off when I use Heat Mode | Dyson Community
Solved

My AM09 switches off when I use Heat Mode

• 4 January 2024
  • 4 replies

My AM09 Fan cools  properly but it stops within 20 seconds If I use heat mode.  I have cleaned out the fan.  Is there anything else I can try?  This hasn’t worked for a couple of years but is only about 5 years old.

icon

Best answer by Jack 8 January 2024, 14:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Robbo,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - thanks for letting us know about the issue you’re currently having with your Dyson AM09 Hot+Cool™ Jet Focus fan heater. 

Your AM09 is designed to project heated airflow until the room temperature matches the target you’ve selected. The target is shown on the LCD display on the front of the machine. Once the target temperature is reached, your machine will revert to monitoring mode - running at a low speed to draw a low volume of airflow past the temperature sensor.

If the room temperature drops, the heater will detect this and automatically switch on again until the target temperature is restored. If your heater switches off rapidly after you switch it on, your target temperature may be equal to or lower than the room temperature - so please try increasing the target using the remote control if you want your machine to continue to run.

It would be useful to know if your machine displays any error code when it stops running - or does it switch off completely, with nothing on the display and no power light shown? 

I’m also including our Getting Started guide video, in case it’s useful!

Hi Jack, many thanks for your response.

i’m sure that the fan is not switching off due to the room temperature being above the temperature displayed on the machine.  I have tried adjusting the temperature, switching on and off and various other suggested fixes.  I thought that there may be a cleanliness issue but there was not much dirt in the machine and there are no filters to be cleaned or replaced.  I did clean out what dirt there was but that made no difference.  The fan has worked well when used for cooling but stops as soon as I try to use it to heat a room.

regards,

ian

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Robbo,

Thanks for your reply! In that case, unfortunately it’s hard to say what could be causing this issue with your machine.

Dyson fan heaters include a free 2-year parts and labour guarantee. It sounds as if your machine would be outside of this coverage period now, but if you wanted to look into options for repair or replacement you’re welcome to live chat directly with our UK Customer Care experts.

Please visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

Thanks Jack, 

I had a feeling it would come down to a repair.

Cheers,

Ian