service /repair query | Dyson Community
Question

service /repair query

• 26 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a V10  absolute cordless vacuum cleaner, just out of warranty. It keeps cutting out every few seconds . It has a new battery after the troubleshooting app suggested this was the fault 

I read  on line that they have a repair service where the unit is picked up by courier , repaired and returned for £99 but when I tried to book this I was told what part was probably faulty and the cost for that at £105 plus then the pick up etc for £99 . 

I feel this is a con. How can they possibly know what part is failing and why this tremendous cost for a repair . I,m guessing they don,t want to repair it but want me to purchase new but with a two year life span I feel I will be better going for a different brand . Has anybody else had this sort of problem ?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @jayzee,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Just to clarify, if you were to book in a repair for your Dyson Cyclone V10™ vacuum, the cost would be a maximum of £99 including shipping, labour and spare parts - with the exception of replacement filters or accessories needed. Any work carried out would also come with a 1-year guarantee. You can find out more here.

If you choose to purchase a replacement part to resolve the issue yourself, the cost would depend on the part you need. If you’ve already recently replaced the battery, it sounds like the part you would need would be the main body and cyclone assembly, which you can find here.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply however would you clarify 2 points 

1. I was made aware it was the main body that needed to be replaced . Is this included in the £99 repair cost ?
  2. If it should be included how do I book a collection etc for the repair . When I spoke to the support people they did not seem to know about the £99 deal and were only offering a part at £105 for me to fit ?

Thanks 

Jayzee