Travelling from US to Ireland with Airstrait | Dyson Community
Solved

Travelling from US to Ireland with Airstrait

• 29 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I’m travelling to Ireland soon from the US for a month. I want to bring my Airstrait. Can anyone please advise if the Airstrait can be: packed into hand luggage (the device has a large battery) and what adaptor can I purchase so it works while I’m there?

thank you 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 2 December 2023, 01:30

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Okie doke. Well, I’m going to use the product I paid for and hope for the best, which is an unfortunate situation considering the high value. Dyson should really consider making a universal adaptor to solve the issue, but what do I know.

thanks again.

To be sure, it likely will work with an adapter. But Dyson does not recommend that. I’ve heard many cases of this ruining a machine and that wouldn’t be covered under warranty. These are designed for use in the country they are sold in.
To re-iterate: I would not plan to use a USA version in Europe or vice-versa.

Hi Adam,

I’m flying to Ireland, my Dyson Airstrait is US manufactured. If I invest in a reliable adaptor, will that suffice and it will work in Ireland? To echo many people: it cost a lot and I want to use it on my trip. I’ll be there for 4 weeks. Thanks for the info bringing in hand luggage too. 

@Nollaig89 Thanks for the post, it should be find to board the plane, but note that it’s not dual-voltage so the Europe version won’t work in the USA, etc. Dyson does not recommend a voltage adapter as these vary wildly in quality and an damage the unit’s digital motor. Safe travels!