V15 Detect Absolute - Cyclone Gasket | Dyson Community
Solved

V15 Detect Absolute - Cyclone Gasket

• 12 August 2023
  • 7 replies

• Rookie Member
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone, 

I’m brand new Dyson customer after hearing so many good things and decided to purchase the V15 Detect Absolute. I’m a little worried because I think the machine might have a defect. Is it normal for the cyclone gasket (purple) to protrude from the gold body? I’ve only used it for a few days and been very gentle with it but there already seems to be some wear and tear on the purple gasket. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive attached a photo of the gasket. 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 16 August 2023, 13:52

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Hi @Way

Thank you for raising this with us.

As part of manufacturing process, the cyclone seal maybe visible although it sits flush with the machine. 

The only time we’d look to replace the part is if there was a faulty, such as loss of power or in the unlikely event you hear air escaping. 

If you’re concerned still, please contact our local team and speak to them. One of the experts can provide you with further information. 

I hope this helps. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Completely normal. Our V10 has the same,. It even shows up in some of their online media. Although ours is red! Shop All Dyson V15 Detect | Dyson UK. Maybe you should call to make sure?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Way

I can confirm that the gasket protrusion is normal, and nothing to be worried about. 

As @chad.mosiki mentioned, the only time we’d look to replace the part is if there was a faulty, such as loss of power or in the unlikely event you hear air escaping. 

Any further questions, please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Hi All, 

Thank you for all your replies.

Dyson replaced the part as they noticed it was tearing slightly and coming loose. 

All seems good now and can’t believe just how good it is! 

Thank you once again

Hi everyone

I have the same issue but it looks more extreme in my case – see photo. I haven’t been picking at it! Should I be worried?

Thanks

Peter.

Hi everyone

I have the same issue but it looks more extreme in my case – see photo. I haven’t been picking at it! Should I be worried?

Thanks

Peter.

This is not normal. It should be sent in to be fixed. This gasket functions as a seal between the two parts of the cyclonic body of the vacuum leaving only the airways open. In order to do this it must be under a certain amount of compression that is mostly constant across its surface and certainly not that small to be able to removed by accidental rubbing. This is defective. The integrity of the cyclonic circuit is lost and there is the possibility that operating as is may do further damage. Do not downplay this defect.

I had the same issue with my v15 without the tearing and sent it to the retailer to be fixed under warranty. They replaced the cyclones with the gasket. Now the gasket still protrudes as expected but on a lesser degree and is pre-stressed as it should.

Also i think the suction improved a bit. And that is the tricky part when they say to see for loss of suction; you wont loose it all without catastrophic failure, so it is difficult, w/o special equipment or thorough experimentation, to identify if you have a one.

These are complex machines and anything out of place should alarm the user.