Vacuum V15 keeps turning off several times | Dyson Community
Solved

Vacuum V15 keeps turning off several times

• 16 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have my V15 for less than a year. In the past weeks it started to switch off every time I use it.
After few seconds it turns off, it does this 3 or 4 times and then it works just fine.

I clean the filter regulartly, it looks very clean. I also fully cleaned the dust bin. Nothing really helps.
I don’t think its a problem with the filter and not the battery either since its quite new.

There are no error messages on the display.

What to do next. I don’t really want to buy a new battery or filter to find out that it doesn’t fix the problem.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 16 March 2024, 16:38

View original

3 replies

Hey @FKae86  I hope you are having a great day. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your V15. It almost sounds like a clog in the system and it is going through a thermal cut out. I know you said you cleaned it, but I know with mine, there is always something I miss. Check out my video below to see if this corrects your issue. Also, you would want to keep your filter washed once a month to allow for proper circulation in the machine.

How to check for a clog

How to clean your filter

@brandir  Hi, thank you for the reply.
I did a full cleaning of the vacuum after the issues started happening. The machine is almost as new. The problem happens with all motor powered attachments.

I clean the filter on regular basis. Looks clean enough.
Cleaning did not help at all.

There are no errors showing up so I can’t tell any more.
Simply, turn on and it turns off after 2-3 seconds. This repeats 3-4 times, then it continues cleaning just fine without turning off.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @FKae86

Thanks for the additional detail here. This sounds like an unusual issue, and to help pinpoint the cause we'll need our Customer Care experts to take you through some further troubleshooting checks when you have your Dyson V15 Detect™ vacuum fully charged and easily to hand. If a replacement part or a repair is needed, they’ll be able to confirm if this is covered under your Dyson warranty.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!