ph03 humidifier humidity reading | Dyson Community
Solved

ph03 humidifier humidity reading

• 5 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Unpacked it, and it is reading 69% humidity in a dry house in the uk.  Is this possible?  Had it on all night and  Water level doesn’t go down as humidity sensor reading too high and not working (I think).  

can’t get any support. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 5 January 2024, 15:03

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @BenLek,

Welcome to the Dyson Community and congratulations on your new Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool™ Autoreact purifier humidifier!

From new, your machine’s sensors only need around an hour’s usage to self-calibrate, at which time they’ll be fully functional.

I can confirm that 69% humidity is definitely a valid reading. The RH (relative humidity) value is the amount of water vapour in the air, as a percentage of the maximum possible humidity at the current temperature. For reference, I can tell you in the master bedroom of my own home in the UK, the humidity is currently reading at 77%!

The most comfortable humidity level varies depending on the temperature. In Auto mode, your machine constantly monitors air quality, automatically adjusting airflow to reach and maintain the most comfortable humidity level. And if you’re controlling your machine’s humidity level manually and the level you have it set at is lower than current humidity, your machine won’t have switched to humidification mode, and there wouldn’t be any noticeable change to the tank’s water level.

Our video guide might help:

I hope this is useful - to reassure you, from what you’ve described, it does sound like your machine is working as expected.

Wow someone who understands!    Spoke to 3 people in Andorra call centre who were no help.   So I have been suffering from dry skin rosacea in central heated house. It is a new build with with no ventilation so I assumed the dry air wasn’t helping which is why I invested in the dyson. Are you saying that my house is in fact over 70% already so the humidifier will not ever switch on as it won’t humidify above 70% anyway!?     

perhaps my house is too cold. I have central heating off and it is 18 degrees!       I thought the central heating was making my condition worse, but cold!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @BenLek,

Thanks for your reply, I’m glad if this information has been useful!

Every home and every user is different, and there are always combinations of factors at play both in and outside the home.

We’re not in a position to offer any medical advice. In general terms, heating can dry the air out, and cold outside air that seeps in doesn’t carry much moisture. So moisture from the skin is wicked away, which can leave skin and sinuses dry. In well-sealed modern homes pollutants and allergens from everyday household items remain trapped indoors. So a purifying humidifier set to Auto mode can help tackle these challenges, automatically sensing and reacting to the changing indoor environment.

One final tip - you might want to try switching off and unplugging your machine for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in and switching it back on. This will prompt a short recalibration of the sensors, to help give you confidence that they’re working correctly.

Still not convinced I’m afraid. Dyson have invented a humidifier that won’t ever switch on in uk conditions?    It’s in my spare room at 20 degrees and measures 70% humidity I n the morning in a dry central heated house and therefore will never ever switch on the humidifier function!  

what is the point!

I bought a cheap hygrometer to test it is reading right. So you have one of these that never humidifies too? It is basically a purifier fan with water in the bottom that just sits there so no use at lower temps below 21 degrees?

what a great piece of kit?