Dyson Supersonic HairDryer HD15 Relocation from Japan to Canada. Will it work? | Dyson Community

Dyson Supersonic HairDryer HD15 Relocation from Japan to Canada. Will it work?

• 15 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I purchased the HD15 in Japan a few months ago and al in a sudden that I have to relocate to Canada.

based on other conversations, I know that converters ar not recommended, do you have any solutions that can offer to me?

best regards

Tom

Anonymous 6 months ago

@JoyceTom  Hi there. Safe travels to you and congrats on the move.

The Japan version should be fine in Canada since these (2) countries use a similar voltage standard. The only adapter you may need is if the shape of the plug is different.

Here is an article from Dyson which shows which countries use the same voltage standard as your home country:

https://support.dyson.com.au/supporthome.aspx/Hair-Care/Dyson-Airwrap-Styler/Dyson-Airwrap-Styler/310729-01/using-your-dyson-machine/how-to-use-your-appliance-abroad

You maybe able to find more information on our support website here: Dyson Support 

Once here, navigate to the 'Support' option in the top navigation bar and select your machine from the on-screen options.  

View original

4 replies

@JoyceTom  Hi there. Safe travels to you and congrats on the move.

The Japan version should be fine in Canada since these (2) countries use a similar voltage standard. The only adapter you may need is if the shape of the plug is different.

Here is an article from Dyson which shows which countries use the same voltage standard as your home country:

https://support.dyson.com.au/supporthome.aspx/Hair-Care/Dyson-Airwrap-Styler/Dyson-Airwrap-Styler/310729-01/using-your-dyson-machine/how-to-use-your-appliance-abroad

You maybe able to find more information on our support website here: Dyson Support 

Once here, navigate to the 'Support' option in the top navigation bar and select your machine from the on-screen options.  

Thanks Adam for the swift response.

The article sounds to be specific to AirwWrap and I am not sure if that is the same case for hair dryer (where I cannot find a similar web page). As I also read some articles that Japan hairdryer is not working well in Canada. 
that will be great if you can share more information with me.

@JoyceTom  Should be the same for Supersonic, they both use the same Dyson V9 digital motor.

Thanks Adam, that is a good news to me!