help with my 20mm airwrap barrel | Dyson Community

help with my 20mm airwrap barrel

• 4 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve just purchased an air wrap which came with the 20mm barrel due to me having super straight and fine hair. I’m just wondering if there is a trick to getting my hair to take to the 20mm barrel? I can get it take to the 30mm barrel with no problem, but looking for the tighter curl in the hopes it will last longer. Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone has.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Heyyya Hun! 

The 20mm is sooo much different than the 30mm!! I had to search YouTube for a video on the best way! 

Basically start off wet hair every time. Using the medium heat setting, dry to about 85% before attaching the 20mm barrel. At this stage I use a garden pea-size amount of curl cream. This isn’t for everyone, but I find it helps with the hold 😁! Pass about a quarter less hair into the barrel then with the 30mm. It may take a little time for the hair to be pulled in - Be persistent! Set in place with about 10 seconds of heat and repeat with a cold shot. Then squirt a small amount of hair spray at just the ends!

If you can perfect this method, you should see super tighter and small curls! 😘

If you wanted some more inspiration, give this a watch! There’s a great comparison between all the barrels 😍! 

Ariel 😙

I also follow the ‘Airwrap Tutorial’ tag on TikTok!

There are literally thousands of videos with little bitty things you can try that just make sense! These might even offer more inspiration 😍!

1. Curls that last! - https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFKcvTQN/
  2. Curling 101 - https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFKc43jf/

Ariel 😘

Hi @Kay2707 

Thanks for sharing this with the community! It’s a great question! 

If you’ve not already stopped by our Hair care category, I’d urge you to do so - specifically our Everyday use forum. You may find some inspiration there too 😁.

I think you'd find the tips in the post below particularly helpful.