Apple Homekit Integration | Dyson Community

Apple Homekit Integration

• 31 October 2021
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

7 months since the thread started, are there any updates on this?  

Pretty disappointed homekit is not already a thing, I like others would have not bought had I known at the time. 

I’m not going to lie, I bought this thinking that it was HomeKit integrated based off of the high level description of working with Apple, etc. I guess I should have looked a little closer and maybe I would have seen it was just Siri Shortcuts. Very disappointing. I mean, for Dyson’s price point…home kit isn’t exactly rocket science. If I hadn’t basically destroyed the packaging I’d really consider sending it back. 

Userlevel 2

I agree. Dyson and apple need to work closer together. I want to see my air quality on my home app. I want to be able to adjust the temperature and set scenes with my home app on dyson. 

Integration with Apple HomeKit would be amazing!

Userlevel 1

I would LOVE homekit integration! There is so much potential for air quality information, temperature information, humidity information, etc. Automations would be fantastic. 

I feel like Dyson and Apple should just go together. Both premium products!

Userlevel 1

This would be incredible. Especially for the sensor information such as temperature, not just fan on/off - although using one app would be convenient. But, why go and buy another temperature sensor for a room to show readings in Home when we could be displaying that data from our Pure Cool.

Being able to also use this to trigger an automation to turn on another device would be great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @chandlermanly 

Great to see our owners creating topics about new features and functionalities.

Whilst we cannot directly comment on our future developments and technology integration plans, we do regularly review and prioritise suggestions ahead of each software release and development phase. And with each release, we aim to fulfil some of the requests that are made. Apple HomeKit continues to form part of these recent discussions.

We are also very aware of developments within the Matter Alliance (https://buildwithmatter.com/). Using it to see how it could enhance the user experience and improve the integration of our products in the future.

I will highlight this topic with our development team in the next planning increment and by doing so, it will be used to support us to continually developing exciting technology for future connected machines.

I’ll check back on this post periodically and pass any other comments and suggestions back to our teams.

Thanks,

Stuart