Solved

360 Eye - Is my robot lost or broken?

• 5 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Gold Level Contributor
  • 66 replies

My Robot always drives backwards and forwards on the same areas of carpet. This lasts for about 2 - 3 minutes before it suddenly shoots of to do the rest of the room.

Anyone know why it does this? Is it broken?

icon

Best answer by Charliebrown 6 April 2022, 09:31

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I think the answer your looking for is on this post...

“If it is spinning, making small rotations or rapidly reversing with the brush bar off whilst in a clear open space, it could be lost and attempting to identify its location on the map. If this is the case, it is important to ensure that there is even lighting transition across the property, the machines sensors are cleaned and that no defining features in the home have moved.”

My robot spins in a circle, what does this mean? | Dyson Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Emma.S

We hope that the article above helped to resolve the issue you’ve been having with your Robot. If you are still having navigation issues, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Charliebrown the carpet is in a dark(ish) room, at the end of a hallway. 

On its last clean, I switching the hall light on and surprisingly it completed the clean without acting strange. 

Thank you for the help.