Purchase advice - Will the Dyson 360 Vis Nav be updated to Matter/Matter V2? | Dyson Community
Solved

Purchase advice - Will the Dyson 360 Vis Nav be updated to Matter/Matter V2?

• 14 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
  • Bronze Level Contributor
  • 21 replies

Hi Dyson Support Team and Dyson Users,

I am interested in purchasing the Dyson 360 Vis Nav robot vacuum, but I would like to know if it will be compatible with Matter once the Matter V2 specification is released.

icon

Best answer by Stuart 16 August 2023, 12:43

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

They’ve previously commented that;

“We are also very aware of developments within the Matter Alliance (https://buildwithmatter.com/). Using it to see how it could enhance the user experience and improve the integration of our products in the future.”

They’ve not left any guarantee that updates will be tied closely to Matter, but I would expect they use it to inform on future delivery. Short of it is, there’s no reassurance and you’ll have to wait to see if it does. 

The tech is already pretty good, but there been no sign of Apple Homekit Integration and that’s been requested for several years. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Yeah I see what you mean Charlie but that response was a While ago. Hopefully they do add Matter in there future products because I see devices that don't support matter as outdated. Dyson is a company that seems to be on the bleeding edge of technology so I will be pretty disappointed if they don't adopt Matter.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I've been advised that @Stuart is the one to contact for this.

They’ve previously commented that;

“We are also very aware of developments within the Matter Alliance (https://buildwithmatter.com/). Using it to see how it could enhance the user experience and improve the integration of our products in the future.”

They’ve not left any guarantee that updates will be tied closely to Matter, but I would expect they use it to inform on future delivery. Short of it is, there’s no reassurance and you’ll have to wait to see if it does. 

The tech is already pretty good, but there been no sign of Apple Homekit Integration and that’s been requested for several years. 

I think that is @Stuart last reply. Let’s see if they share anything else here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for tagging me in here - sorry it’s taken me a few days to come back to you with an answer. 

Although some time has past since I shared the initial comms, it still stands true. We can’t discuss any projects our engineers may be working on before we’re ready to launch, this includes future development plans within the Matter space. 

I continue to feedback into our product, software and app team on an ongoing basis - if there were specific elements of Matter that you wanted raised or would like to integrated with future technology, please let me know. I will share this insight with the wider team for their consideration. 

Sorry I can’t share more. 

Stuart

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Stuart 

Thank you for your response. If Dyson were to support the Matter 1.2 Specification, it would indeed make sense to streamline the user experience by incorporating features such as creating Matter QR codes within the application or implementing a simplified pairing process. It could also be beneficial to have a button that puts the Matter device in pairing mode and allows users to select a Smart Home platform, similar to how Google Home shares Matter devices through the Linked Matter Apps and Services Menu. This approach would contribute to the user-friendliness and interoperability of Dyson's Matter devices.

Your consideration of these suggestions is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Kaelan

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Kaelan

Thanks for the breakdown on the specific elements - instead of waiting the next session with the development team, I’ve sent this request directly to them.

Again, I won’t be able to provide any feedback from these internal discussions, but I’ve positioned it as requirement - the team look to fulfil a percentage of user requests ahead of each launch, so I’m hopeful 😁!

Stuart