Bought Airwrap in India and was told by Dyson US that we could exchange but they are now refusing. Comments welcome. | Dyson Community

Bought Airwrap in India and was told by Dyson US that we could exchange but they are now refusing. Comments welcome.

• 14 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I got the air wrap in India as a gift, but have moved to the US since. Chatting with the Dyson US customer service I was told that once I moved to the US, I could get it checked and exchanged if everything was ok but the repair center said they don’t do international exchanges. 

I talked to the customer care again and now they are saying the same thing that they cannot exchange. They lied and now I am stuck with this $600 product that I cannot even use. Here is the chat with the customer care attached.

Stuart 6 months ago

Hello @soha

Regrettably, you would not be able to use a machine purchased in India, in the States. The electrical voltage 110/120V would be too low for your product, and using an adaptor or converter can cause damage to your machine. 

While your machine does carry a 2-year limited manufacture warranty, this warranty is against manufacture defects. It does not cover wear and tear, accidental damage, lack of maintenance or incompatibilities due to relocating.

Per Dyson US policy, we would not be able to honor an exchange, as it is not a manufacture defect. As you are relocating to the US permanently, we would recommend purchasing a US model. We offer both new and refurbished machines on Dyson.com.

We do have a related Community article that helps to answer this questions. 

The Dyson Airstrait™️ straightener, Dyson Airwrap™️ multi-styler and Dyson Supersonic™️ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas? | Dyson Community

If you wished to discuss this further, please contact the team in America. Their contact details can be found on our ‘Support’ page.

Thanks, 

Stuart

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello @soha

Regrettably, you would not be able to use a machine purchased in India, in the States. The electrical voltage 110/120V would be too low for your product, and using an adaptor or converter can cause damage to your machine. 

While your machine does carry a 2-year limited manufacture warranty, this warranty is against manufacture defects. It does not cover wear and tear, accidental damage, lack of maintenance or incompatibilities due to relocating.

Per Dyson US policy, we would not be able to honor an exchange, as it is not a manufacture defect. As you are relocating to the US permanently, we would recommend purchasing a US model. We offer both new and refurbished machines on Dyson.com.

We do have a related Community article that helps to answer this questions. 

The Dyson Airstrait™ straightener, Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler and Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas? | Dyson Community

If you wished to discuss this further, please contact the team in America. Their contact details can be found on our ‘Support’ page.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Hey! I need a Dyson Airwrap from India in exchange for the U.S. one. I am moving from US to India. DM me if you’re still looking.