Has anyone whose Supersonic died received a satisfactory solution - or response- from Dyson? | Dyson Community
Question

Has anyone whose Supersonic died received a satisfactory solution - or response- from Dyson?

• 21 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello Everyone,

I have read a few comments about Supersonice hair dryers dying shortly after the warranty ran out and had a similar experience.  The mortar on mine died  at around 2.5 years- it just stopped powering on.  I took it to a Dyson repair store and was told that it couldn’t be fixed. They weren’t even allowed to open the hair dryers to look at the motors.  They told me that the lifespan of the hairdryers in typically around  5 years, but mine was only 3- but the warranty was expired.  They said there was nothing that they could do, other than offer me a 20% discount on a replacement.  I find it outrageous that a $500 hair dryer is now trash after such a short period of time. Especially since I only used it 2-3 times a week. I’ve  had other hair dryers last over 5 years for less money and other Dysob products last more than 15 years. As much as that upsets me, the fact that Dyson will only offer a 20% discount on a replacement is infuriating. Dyson regularly offers 20% discounts on Supersonic hair dryers.  This past holiday season, they offered even had Supersonic hair  priced at over 30% off for non-Dyson customers. So why is offering an existing customer less of a discount than you would offer the general public a resolution for a poor product  that died early in its lifespan?  Has anyone actually bought a replacement at that discount?  I may have considered a replacement if I was offered a greater discount than the one the offered the general public during the holidays, but this is outrageous.  I even tried to contact Dyson’s customer service to discuss this via phone (waited on hold over an hour and needed to hang up), sent an email (no response), and already left this comment in the community (which was deleted).  I bought a Shark instead.  Has anyone experienced anything similar and received a better resolution? 

2 replies

Hi Milissa, My second Supersonic, that was a replacement for the first one that died just before warranty ended and had to sell my first born to get a replacement,has just died 2.5 yrs of use.

Dyson promotes these hair dryers as if they are the best thing on the market. It’s all rubbish. They are made cheap in third world countries and charge a small fortune for them and only last a couple of years which I have had two to prove this.
I will never again in my lifetime waste my money on this CON!!

The vacuum's I do say last a little longer and Dyson, in my opinion,should have stuck to their knitting and just concentrated on selling them. This would have saved us all from wasting very good money on these toy dryers.

Wow as reading these reviews, same thing happened to me. My first dryer died a little before warranty expired. So I get a replacement and on 5/24 warranty expired. They tell me to take it to one of their repair shops. If I would’ve read reviews before I would’ve never bought Dyson again! 
Way too expensive for the life span!!! 
bad hair days to come (oh well) ☹️