Ordered Dyson Supersonic from US to use it in Europe, there's a voltage difference, so want to return | Dyson Community
Solved

Ordered Dyson Supersonic from US to use it in Europe, there's a voltage difference, so want to return

• 22 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I’ve ordered a Dyson Supersonic hair dryer (Prussian blue/rich copper) from Dyson US official website. I ordered it and received it via a freight forwarding company(here’s the link to that company's website https://onex.am/en) and it reached me only yesterday(March 21), as it usually takes up to 15 working days for packages from the US to reach me, as I live in Armenia, Yerevan(It’s Eastern Europe). 

I was ordering electronics for the first time from US and found out that there’s an issue with voltage (in the US it’s 120V, and mostly in other places in the world it’s 220/240V). 
I read that the return period is 30 days at Dyson, but is it possible to send it back for return, however, it can take up to 30 days to make the return?

I would like to return and make an order from Dyson UK as their voltage works here. And when returning the machine, is it possible to get a promo code or smth like that so I can buy the same from the UK website instead of a refund? 

Plz let me know what I can do in this case, as I am not quite happy to give $500 USD for a hair dryer and not be able to use it. I read that it might be used with power adapters, though it’s not a good solution as they're quite big in size, and not safe).

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 22 March 2023, 21:15

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Heya! 

You 100% need to return the hairdryer before a refund is processed. Dyson really don’t do credit notes or promo codes. I’m pretty sure if you start the refund process, you have a certain time to return it. Give the US team a call and speak to them. https://www.dyson.com/support/contact-us

You might want to give Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler/Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas? | Dyson Community a read before getting anything else from the US. 

Lilly Jane x

Userlevel 1

Heya! 

You 100% need to return the hairdryer before a refund is processed. Dyson really don’t do credit notes or promo codes. I’m pretty sure if you start the refund process, you have a certain time to return it. Give the US team a call and speak to them. https://www.dyson.com/support/contact-us

You might want to give Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler/Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas? | Dyson Community a read before getting anything else from the US. 

Lilly Jane x

Dear @CurlyJane 
Thanks for the answer! That’s fine if they don’t do promo codes, in this case, it should be returned.
But the support is too slow, I am waiting already 24 hours for their response with an email, to know how to handle this situation. 

Dear @CurlyJane 
Thanks for the answer! That’s fine if they don’t do promo codes, in this case, it should be returned.
But the support is too slow, I am waiting already 24 hours for their response with an email, to know how to handle this situation. 

Alright @Elen Sargsyan

Try the Returns Policy | Dyson link on the page Lilly Jane sent 😃!

It looks like you can complete an online form for the return. 

Kirby.

Userlevel 1

Dear @CurlyJane 

Alright @Elen Sargsyan

Try the Returns Policy | Dyson link on the page Lilly Jane sent 😃!

It looks like you can complete an online form for the return. 

Kirby.

@Kibbleb the thing is it’s written the return should be within 30 days from the delivery date, I just got the parcel yesterday as it takes longer for the packages to reach here and the 30-day period will expire soon. So, I am waiting for their response to know whether it’s possible to return after 30 days. I remember I saw somewhere that it’s 90 days return policy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Elen Sargsyan 

Happy to step in here and help! In the US, we need to receive your return request within 30 days of your delivery date. As long as you can document having submitted that request, you should not run into any issues. I do know our customer care team has been a bit behind. If you submit a return request on the form previously posted up above and don’t receive a reply within 24-48 hours, the please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hello @Elen Sargsyan 

Happy to step in here and help! In the US, we need to receive your return request within 30 days of your delivery date. As long as you can document having submitted that request, you should not run into any issues. I do know our customer care team has been a bit behind. If you submit a return request on the form previously posted up above and don’t receive a reply within 24-48 hours, the please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

I hope this helps!

Dear @kellym Thanks for the answer!
Dyson support answered and gave a solution to my issue, I am going to send it back. 
So everything should be fine then.