Why won't my Dyson Airstrait straightener switch on? | Dyson Community
Solved

Why won't my Dyson Airstrait straightener switch on?

• 12 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Has anyone else had problems with their airstrait?  I’ve had two machines delivered now and both have the same problem,,,, no power to it!

just wondering if I am just unlucky or is this an issue for anyone else

(Moderation edit - title updated)

icon

Best answer by Jack 13 March 2024, 10:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Londonno1,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thank you for checking in with us on this!

Please keep in mind that the Reset switch on your Dyson Airstrait straightener’s PRCD plug needs to be tested and reset every time you use your machine. If the Reset switch isn’t pushed in after you connect your machine to the plug socket, your machine won’t run. Our Getting started video guide shows you how to do this:

You can also find some information on this on our Support page.

If you still have your machine, please can I ask you to try following these steps to re-test your machine? If you continue to have difficulty our Customer Care team in you region will need to help. Please visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

Hope this helps!

Hi there

yes I have done everything in the video, it makes no difference.  It’s as if there is no power to the air straight, yet there is no fault with the voltage inside my home.

its been very frustrating and I am waiting for my new airstrait to arrive,, I hope it will be third time lucky as I love the concept and really want the machine, but its useless to me at the moment.,,,, very disappointed but the service from Dyson customer service has been fantastic .

I’m on my third. The first one worked for 2 weeks the next two wouldn’t do anything other than say Dyson and go off 

Sounds exactly the same as my issue.  It’s very annoying as Dyson deny there is an issue of some kind .

i am so disappointed as I really think this would be a great product for my hair type but I am not prepared to order a fifth one and have the same problem 

a very disappointed customer !

My problem is is it worked so well on my hair but how many am I going to get through and when I do get one that works will it last until about 12 hours past the warranty 

I have the same problem. I have blue one and purchased in China, after 5 times use the button on adapter was stuck inside. I sent back to repair and they’ve replaced the machine and I’ve been told there was a problem on adapter. Anyways, I was hoping second one will not have issue but again, not even after 5 times of use, same problem happened. I started to think there is a misproduction (maybe only on blue ones). And it’s so frustrating to have such experience in short periods from a brand costs hell of money. Please don’t tell me the instruction of machine again cause I did everything properly and it can not be a coincidence I have same problem to times in a row. Dissapointment! 

I am having the same problem my airstrait won’t start I am going to take it for warranty