Are the Cordless Batteries interchangeable between models / generations ?? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I have a DC44 Animal and all the accessories plus a couple of duplicates (I bought a partial DC44 system at the local thrift store after my DC44 power unit stopped feeding battery power to the power head) .  My working DC44 vacuum head recently broke…

A replacement on eBay is about US$50, or I could spend some quality shop time and repair it…

but... 

My friend has an extra Dyson V8 with a dead battery and limited accessories. 

Are the DC44 and V8 accessories and battery interchangeable?  My DC44 battery is almost new.

He's willing to give me his V8.... is it worth driving across town to pick up his?

Or are the accessories completely incompatible?   Looking at Dyson 44s and V6s on eBay the accessory connection looks the same…

I’m retired and on limited income..  consolidating two Dysons would be a simple solution and would minimize ewaste.

Thanks in advance for any help…

Without testing it, I’m not sure anyone can answer with 100% certainty . I wouldn’t think it would be. Each model has a different batteries with voltage and power consumption. 

Another member asked about the chargers becoming interchangeable, the stated that they weren’t as the charges are designed individual to suit the needs of the model you’ve purchased. Why aren't Cordless chargers universal? | Dyson Community

I’d be interested to hear if it does work.