Cordless V10 Absolute - Power cutting in/out - Any ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V10 Absolute - Power cutting in/out - Any ideas?

Userlevel 2

Dyson V10 Absolute cutting out after approx 10 secs, the machine stops then can re pull the trigger,it starts and then stops again after approx 10 secs again, the bin has been cleaned out and the filter has been cleaned even though there are no filter or blockage lights on, there are 3 blue lights on indicating full charge. I have been on the troubleshooting guide as recommended which is going to order me a replacement battery, I don’t think this is the issue but will see when it arrives. Anyone out there have any ideas.

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 5 May 2023, 22:07

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

42 replies

A battery would be a smart bet, especially as there’s intermittent power. I actually think this is what their online help suggests. I had a similar issue last year - replacement battery rectified it. Before you spend out the money, make sure it 100% isn’t pulsing. That usually indicates an airflow restriction. If there is no notable blockage, buy a new filter would fix it. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks for your reply, definitely not pulsing and hope you are right and the battery will fix it, it’s still under warranty so should be no charge. 

Userlevel 5

@Bernie I’d be keen to hear if it does solve it... 😅

Userlevel 1

Hi

I have the same issue, going through the trouble shooting on whatsapp with customer services (lots of screenshots, videos etc), they have also recommended a new battery.  I have only had mine five months. 

Would be good to hear if it helps your issue, will keep you posted if it fixes mine.

Userlevel 1

So update - received the battery very fast, replaced, charged.  Same issue. SIGH

So have videoed the issue again and now on Whatsapp waiting for a response.  When this hoover works its fab, but it doesn’t work more than it works and its only 5 months old.  

Userlevel 5

So update - received the battery very fast, replaced, charged.  Same issue. SIGH

So have videoed the issue again and now on Whatsapp waiting for a response.  When this hoover works its fab, but it doesn’t work more than it works and its only 5 months old.  

Power connectors in the handle no doubt. They should really start to send both the battery and handle component when there’s a fault. It would save so much time, especially in situations like yours. 

It seems similar to this post - Dyson V11 won't charge even with a new battery and charge - Suggestions?...

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone, same outcome as Amanda, they sent a new battery which I installed, cleaned the filter and emptied the bin, fingers crossed here we go, oh no! still the same, what have we bought. I will be in touch  on the helpline tomorrow.

Thanks to all and will keep you updated.

Userlevel 1

Hi Bernie, have you had any joy with Dyson support?

I’ve got the same issue. The vacuum cuts out all the time, a new battery hasn’t resolved the problem. Now waiting on further support. The vacuum started doing this 2 weeks after purchasing new from Dyson. 

Hi Bernie, have you had any joy with Dyson support?

I’ve got the same issue. The vacuum cuts out all the time, a new battery hasn’t resolved the problem. Now waiting on further support. The vacuum started doing this 2 weeks after purchasing new from Dyson. 

Two weeks after NEW! Grounds for an exchange, especially as it developed a fault with the first 14-28 days. 

If a battery didn’t solve the problem, a new main body component usually does. Recommend they send this when you speak to them next. 

Hi everyone, I have the same problem with my V10 Absolute, it started cutting in and out a few days ago, I wasn't sure what the problem was so cleaned the filter to see if that helped, it didn't :(

I have taken a few short videos today as proof as it is still under warranty, purchased in Dec 2022.

Has there been a resolution yet?  Other than changing the battery, it looks like a very common problem with this model, the V10 doesn't even show up when trying to select the model I am trying to troubleshoot.

What's the best method of contact to get the ball rolling asap with a warrant claim?

Hi everyone, same outcome as Amanda, they sent a new battery which I installed, cleaned the filter and emptied the bin, fingers crossed here we go, oh no! still the same, what have we bought. I will be in touch  on the helpline tomorrow.

Thanks to all and will keep you updated.

Any luck Bernie on finding the problem? 

I have always owned a Dyson, my very first corded ball model lasted nearly 10 years,  sadly the cordless version doesn't withstand the time, I am on my 3rd cordless in 5 years :(

Starting to question if they're still worth the money!

Userlevel 1

Yes they’re not good are they? Been through the whole process, new battery, I think three actual bodies. And still the same. They can’t or won’t fix it. Typical British engineering; nice design, fails on the quality. It’ll be going to the tip as soon as the warranty runs out. My daughter has similar problem with her Dyson. 

Userlevel 1

First V10 started cutting out 3 weeks from new. 

New body, battery and filter sent by Dyson. Now 3 weeks later this new one is also starting to cut out. Going to go down the returns path as clearly a bad design. 

Userlevel 1

My plan is to keep getting bodies and batteries until the warranty runs out, then take it to the tip and buy a shark from Amazon. 

I’m having the same issue, after only 4 weeks it started stopping and having to press the trigger 2 or 3 times to restart it.  Having issues trying to get anyone to respond appropriately from Dyson!

Userlevel 1

You have to phone their 0800 number. First they send a battery. They doesn’t work so you phone again and they send a main body. That lasts about 2 or 3 months before you repeat. I think they’ve got a batch of duds that they’re dumping on to people like us. 

Userlevel 1

Our original unit is being collected this week for “inspection and repair”. 

Shall report back on what they find is the fault. Clearly a very bad batch of V10’s failing constantly. 

Also - be aware of your consumer rights. Customer support are giving out incorrect information regarding a right to a full refund within 6 months of purchase. They say no as they just have to replace/ repair - however if the replacement or repair fails you’re entitled to a full refund within 6 months or a partial refund after 6 months. 

Yes definitely a cast off item. I’m from uk but living in nz. I sent our upright vacuum off for service and repair and it hadn’t been logged at their end so it sat unopened for two weeks. I was literally messaging them daily and eventually someone called me from australia.  They offered me a new vacuum so I thought I’d give the V10 a whirl….hmmm! Stitched up!  So now I’m back onto constantly messaging.   I’ve never had so many issues with Dyson before, customer service is non existent.

I purchased a V10 Absolute in 2019 and loved it! Decided to pass it on to my daughter and at the beginning of the year purchased a new one for myself. The power kept cutting about 10 seconds after use. Eventually Dyson said send it back to Auckland. Was told it needed a part. A couple of weeks later, a new Dyson arrived. 2 months down the line, this machine has started cutting power? There is definitely a problem in the manufacture of these machines.

I purchased a V10 Absolute in 2019 and loved it! Decided to pass it on to my daughter and at the beginning of the year purchased a new one for myself. The power kept cutting about 10 seconds after use. Eventually Dyson said send it back to Auckland. Was told it needed a part. A couple of weeks later, a new Dyson arrived. 2 months down the line, this machine has started cutting power? There is definitely a problem in the manufacture of these machines.

Grounds for an exchange - Get back on the blower to Dyson and have them exchange it or even upgrade you. 

They’re sending me a new ‘body’ which in my opinion is pretty much a new vacuum!  If that one starts doing it then I won’t be settling for a new part.  It’s not good enough! Sounds like they should recall them.  Oh yeh the part is out of stock and could be 4 weeks! Joke!!!!!

Yes they’re not good are they? Been through the whole process, new battery, I think three actual bodies. And still the same. They can’t or won’t fix it. Typical British engineering; nice design, fails on the quality. It’ll be going to the tip as soon as the warranty runs out. My daughter has similar problem with her Dyson. 

We purchased a new V10 early March & mid May it started cutting out. The WhatsApp chat was a complete & utter joke = days between responses etc. Phoned the 0800 & new body sent out without any hesitation their side. Worked fine until Wednesday this week & cutting out again. We have x2 spare filters so changed to new filter & still cutting out. 
Phoned the 0800 & this time it was a joke - they said it’s the charger! I told them the battery had full charge & if it was the charger then the battery would be dead fgs! They agreed to send another new body out so that’s 3 bodies (inc the original) in 4 months. If the issue carries on then we won’t be buying another Dyson product again! 

I’m waiting for my first replacement body to arrive , was up to a 4 week wait!  If this does the same I will not be accepting a 2nd body.  The Consumer Goods Act states repair or replacement and as it is so obvious this is a fault with this model I will be asking for an upgrade or refund!

Not fit for purpose!

Bought in March 2023, already cutting out. Release trigger and then restarts OK for another very short amount of time. Been on phone to Dyson, they are adamant it's a battery issue... although it's fully charged.  Anyway, new battery is coming, looking at the other posts, seems nothing sorts these machines, so not hopeful.