Cordless V11 completely dead - Ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V11 completely dead - Ideas?

• 24 August 2023
  • 4 replies

My V11 has a completely black screen and no power. I followed the troubleshooter and it says replace main body. Before I did that though I tested my mum's battery in mine and it worked, also I tried my battery in hers to check it doesn't work.

So basically it is going to be the battery but the dyson site is saying main body, what should I do?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 August 2023, 23:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Electrical shorts are usually caused by the main body, charger or battery. Dyson helpdesk will advise the most likely one to go, then suggest the follow up pieces if it doesn’t fix it. If you’ve found the problem, I’d start there. At least if that doesn’t completely work, you know what else to replace.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

If you’re in their 2 year warranty cover still, Dyson should sent it free of charge. You’ll have to make contact to make a claim. 

Is there an answer here - My Cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging, what can I do? | Dyson Community?

@Dave87 

While I can see why you were led to believe that a main body was the culprit, your proactive approach to testing the batteries does tell me that, indeed, a battery is needed. Please reach out to support on the Dyson website and contact our live agents and let them know the steps you’ve take already - that way they can get you the battery you need. Thanks for your help here!