My Cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging, what can I do? | Dyson Community
CORDLESS VACUUM - COMMMON QUESTION

My Cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging, what can I do?

• 6 December 2022
  • 0 replies
My Cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging, what can I do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

In the first instance, it’s best to identify if the cause lies with the charger, household electrics or the battery itself.

Charger or household electrics

When the machines trigger is pulled and the battery has a flashing blue light, this generally indicates the machine has insufficient charge to switch on.

Sometimes, this can be easily resolved by checking where the machine is being charged. If the machine is being charged in the wall bracket, the charging pin may be out of alignment with the machine, which would cause a poor contact and would result in lower charge levels. To loosen the charging pin for removal, push the silver charging contact toward the back of the charging bracket.  

Now, plug it directly into your machine and see if the blue solid light is sustained. If it isn’t, try another electrical socket in the home.

If the machine is being charged without the use of the wall bracket, try another electrical socket in the home.

If the light still isn’t sustained, it could indicate an issue with the charge. To ensure this is the case, please follow the online Troubleshooting option on the local Dyson website. Simple use our Guides and manuals link, selecting your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. 

If the light is sustained, wait the adequate time to charge your model and retest the machine.

Battery

To help diagnose a potential fault with the battery, Dyson cordless technology is designed to produce a pattern of lights. These lights which appear at the pull of the trigger, provide diagnostics to help identify where the issue lies.

Dyson online Troubleshooting option is designed to accurately diagnose these lights, and provide a resolution. To get started, simple use our Guides and manuals link, selecting your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. 

Why might my battery have failed?

Battery life and overall lifespan can vary from one household to another and there isn’t just one defining factor as to why batteries in general fail. There are several variables outside the control of any battery manufacture, including, overall use, storage temperature, number of charges, general machine maintained, along with filter maintenance.  

When considering all these variables, Dyson are not able to place a guarantee on the overall life of your battery. However, Dyson provide a two year as standard guarantee against the Cordless machines at purchase, including the battery.

Related Community Articles:

Understanding Battery Degradation

How to: Maximise your cordless vacuum's battery life

0 replies

Be the first to reply!