Cordless V15 - Brand New Filter Warning. | Dyson Community

Cordless V15 - Brand New Filter Warning.

• 19 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello, I bought a V15 detect absolute yesterday and after 2 mins of cleaning it said the filter needed cleaning,  I  looked at the filter and it was like new and the vacume hasn't even sucked any dirt or dust yet. I got the warning to go off but to only come back on after couple of mins of running. Again without any hard cleaning.  I  took the vacume cleaner back and got a refund,  is this a common fault or was i unlucky and should buy another?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added, Title Updated)

5 replies

Hi @Carlos69,

Thanks for posting a question. 

I can happily confirm that this isn’t common. It’s of course hard to diagnose any issue remotely, even one that occurs out of the box. 

We do have a few quick and easy troubleshooting checks which may help work out why this is happening. This is more along the lines of ensuring the filter is connected properly, the machine is fully charged (which helps with configuration of the onboard sensors) and that the packaging has been removed. These can be found through our Guides and manuals. If it is none of these, then it might have been possible for the sensors to become damaged during shipping. Something that is even rarer. 

It’s say you’ve been unfortunate on this occasion. Hopefully you do decided to purchase anther V15. Once/if you do, I think this film will help you get it set up. How to set up and use your Dyson V15 Detect™️ cordless vacuum.

Thanks

Amen to that! My V15 stops after 10-15 minutes of cleaning. Filter warning. I then have to go wash the dang filter, dry it (in the airing cupboard) and then start again. This means my efforts to vacuum a modestly sized house, (which should take 20 mins?) can take hours. We’re a professional couple and keep a tidy house. But having to take at least 2 attempts, every time, to vacuum is not acceptable. 

Had a DC19 corded for 13 years and it was only when the motor eventually burned, and rather than repair, I would ‘upgrade’ to the V15. I now feel that was a bad decision. 

This has been a deeply frustrating situation. When I contacted the WhatsApp Help I was asked to take a video of the problem. What? I should spend 15 minutes recording myself doing the cleaning? :) Tbbh I think that was laughable, although I didn't feel much like laughing when I was asked to do that.  

This is an obvious design fault in the filter material. 

It will keep happening afraid, took mine back for a refund after being adviced by Dyson and then they said show us the receipt and we will match it and replace direct from Dyson which they wont honour. Poor customer service also first time Dyson costumer and they weren't bothered about helping me out and now left with no vac, will be looking at Shark next week if nothing gets sorted.  The filter warning is very common and the service is very disappointing 

Hi @Carlos69,

Thanks for posting a question. 

I can happily confirm that this isn’t common. It’s of course hard to diagnose any issue remotely, even one that occurs out of the box. 

We do have a few quick and easy troubleshooting checks which may help work out why this is happening. This is more along the lines of ensuring the filter is connected properly, the machine is fully charged (which helps with configuration of the onboard sensors) and that the packaging has been removed. These can be found through our Guides and manuals. If it is none of these, then it might have been possible for the sensors to become damaged during shipping. Something that is even rarer. 

It’s say you’ve been unfortunate on this occasion. Hopefully you do decided to purchase anther V15. Once/if you do, I think this film will help you get it set up. How to set up and use your Dyson V15 Detect™️ cordless vacuum.

Thanks

took mine back for a refund after being adviced by Dyson and then they said show us the receipt and we will match it and replace direct from Dyson which they wont honour. Poor customer service also first time Dyson costumer and they weren't bothered about helping me out and now left with no vac, will be looking at Shark next week if nothing gets sorted.  The filter warning is very common and the service is very disappointing

I've done alot of research and it seems like a common problem with the filter warning light,  even when you just vacume for 1min. Shame but looks like design fault and Dyson and Shark are the world's best vacuuming brands so the link between bread makes kinda doesn't work IMHO and also the customer service seems extremely poor when one person says one thing and another saying complete different. Even when i complain and have the conversation listened to you get zero response,  you'd think they would be pleased to get a new Dyson customer but the vacume and service is like a 5 wk old loaf of bread