Cordless V15 Filter warning | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V15 Filter warning

• 7 January 2023
  • 3 replies

• 0 replies

I have a brand new Dyson V15 and after cleaning the filter (following the instructions in detail) I use the vacuum to be told in needs cleaning again, this is constant. Tells me even if its not picked up much. So annoying and frustrating its a great vacuum.

(Moderator Edit - Moved Category, Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 January 2023, 22:34

View original

3 replies

@Lin This isn’t the first I’ve read about this! It seems that the V15 are ultra sensitive to water in the filter! Even the slightest amount and the cleaner goes crazy! I’ve seen recommendations on Reddit of people drying these out on a radiator to try to suck the moisture out or leaving it for 2 - 3 days. In some cased, Dyson even replaced the filter for free. 

My Recommendation is to try drying it out for a day or two more, if that doesn’t fix it, call them for a replacement part.

Hi 

I've had my v15 for almost 2 years, a month or so ago i had a new cyclone body because the wand clip broke then about 3 weeks ago it started flashing a filter warning and suction dropped. Filter was cleaned and dried a few days before but I cleaned it again anyway and left it on the radiator for 3 days. Put it back on after the 3 days and within a minute the warnings back. Contacted dyson and they've sent another cyclone body and new filter. I've just set them up, hovered for about 5 minutes and its saying the filter needs cleaning. Both parts were brand new out the boxes this morning. 

Is this a known issue with the v15? Or has there been a design change? It's only happening on the new ones never had this issue with the old one.

Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi 

I've had my v15 for almost 2 years, a month or so ago i had a new cyclone body because the wand clip broke then about 3 weeks ago it started flashing a filter warning and suction dropped. Filter was cleaned and dried a few days before but I cleaned it again anyway and left it on the radiator for 3 days. Put it back on after the 3 days and within a minute the warnings back. Contacted dyson and they've sent another cyclone body and new filter. I've just set them up, hovered for about 5 minutes and its saying the filter needs cleaning. Both parts were brand new out the boxes this morning. 

Is this a known issue with the v15? Or has there been a design change? It's only happening on the new ones never had this issue with the old one.

Thanks 

It sounds like a faulty main body sensor to me. Not sure if they’re classifying it as a common issue, but I’ve seen it a few times. Give them a call and request this component: 

Ask for it by name rather than using the part number. Those in the example are for the UK and aren’t universal.