Difference between 966981-01 and 949852-05 | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I am looking for a new motorhead for my V6. Dyson’s website displays 2 possible motorheads: models 966981-01 and 949852-05. They look identical in the pictures. I tried calling customer service and got a recorded message saying no one can speak to me. For the record it is 4.40pm on Monday 7 August 2023. 

Would anyone know what the difference is between the two motorhead models?

Hello @Yogi1 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. Sorry to learn about your experience.

Both are compatible for your Dyson V6.
Part  966981-01 is a Motorhead with a dimension of 211mm
Part 949852-05 is the Motorhead with a dimension of 250mm

I have added a link for you just around understanding your Dyson tools and accessories here

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you still need any further support, don't hesitate to respond over here. 

Regards,

The UK helpline must be down. There a recorded message saying they have technical issues. @Stuart any comment? 

Hi @Bob

Thanks for highlighting this. 

I see you’ve posted a question to the wider community asking this very questions - UK Helpline Unavailable 8/8/23 - Anyone know why?

I have an answer for you, but to keep it in one place, I’ll post it against your question. 

If there’s any follow up questions, please let me know by posting a reply on your post. 

Thanks, 

Stuart