Dyson Cordless V6 - Brush head is making a noise and not running smoothly | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I cleaned the brush head and put it back together I thought probably and now it is making a different noise, harder to vacuum and it’s like it’s rubbing on something inside the brush. 
I have taken it out and put it back in but it is still doing the same thing. Can anyone please help me. 
thank you

I cleaned the brush head and put it back together I thought probably and now it is making a different noise, harder to vacuum and it’s like it’s rubbing on something inside the brush. 
I have taken it out and put it back in but it is still doing the same thing. Can anyone please help me. 
thank you

Hi @Kirky 

Thank you for raising this with us.

Kindly connect the cleaner head directly to your machine to check if the cleaner head is still making the same noise.

Usually when the cleaner head is taken apart and reassembled this is not a issue,

You will have to contact our customer service team to raise this and fully diagnose the issue,

If you require further assistance please reply below.

Regards,

Hi, when I use the tile floor brush it’s fine. I don’t know whether it’s the brush itself or the silver thing inside with the teeth the brush connects to. I have no idea how to know which one. I’ve got a friend looking at it. I would buy a new one like Dyson has told me I need to do but it was my brother’s and he only passed away and I just can’t part with it so I’m doing everything I can to make it keep working. 

Thank you for your time and replying. 

When the brush is about half a centimetre the brush spins fine with my hand. As soon as it is connected to be closed it grinds or rubs. 
just thought I’d let you know. 

@Kirky. Give this post a read. You should get a little more in the way of an answer there.

My Cordless vacuums brush bar isn't spinning, what can I do? | Dyson Community