My Cordless vacuums brush bar isn't spinning, what can I do? | Dyson Community
CORDLESS VACUUM - COMMMON QUESTION

My Cordless vacuums brush bar isn't spinning, what can I do?

• 20 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

To protect the motor, the brush bar stops spinning if something becomes tangled around the bristles at either end of the bar. Removing the brush bar and clearing it of any hair and debris should solves the problem.

With the floor tool discounted from the machine, use a coin to turn the end cap anticlockwise, until it reaches the open position. Then pull the brush bar out of the floor tool, removing any debris and replace. Reinserting the tool to the machine and pressing the power button.

What do I do if the brush bar still isn’t spinning?  

This could be an indication to debris trapped elsewhere in the machine, interfering with the electrical components.

Obstruction.

In the event debris has become tapped in the machine and is interfering with the electrical components, it can usually be found in one of the following locations.

1. The Cleaner head/Accessory
  2. The Wand
  3. The Cyclone inlet

The easiest way to identify where this debris is location, is to visually inspect each of these locations. Start by removing each component from the machine and inspecting it for trapped debris. 

Be careful not to pull the power trigger while inspecting the machine.

Make sure any debris is removed and all parts are refitted before using your machine.

Further instruction on checking for a blockage, including a step-by-step guide, can be found through the below resource. 

1. The machine user manual. 
  2. Dyson’s online support
  3. Dyson official YouTube channel 

The user manual

Don’t worry if you don’t have a physical copy of your machine’s user manual, a virtual copy of it can be downloaded from the local website. 

Using the Guides and manuals link, select your machine from the options available and navigate through the page until you reach the ‘User manual’ section. Click on it to begin the download. 

Once downloaded, simply view the instructions on blockages.

Online Support

Dyson’s online support enables users to not only troubleshooting potential issues with their machine(s), but offers a host of useful content, such as the steps to follow should there be a blockage. 

Using the Guides and manuals link, select your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. Here you will find a host of selectable options designed to support you and your machine.

YouTube

The Dyson YouTube channel hosts a vast amount of content that can support on this process. As well as those that provide tips on using, maintaining, and getting the best out of your Dyson machine. Simply use the on-screen search option or navigate through the playlists to start viewing these.

1 reply

Badge

Thank you for replying. I spoke to a person at Dyson and she said to take the brush out of the head and let it spin without it and it sounded fine like it was spinning before I cleaned it really smooth so I think it’s the brush that isn’t lining up somewhere and they said because they have nothing in stock anymore for a V6 I will need to buy a new one. 
I even took off the red thing that catches all the dust and thought I’d re attach that but it was fine and when I used the tool that runs along the carpet and skirting board it worked fine. I think I may have to buy a new one and keep the V6 to clean my car. 
thank you for replying to my email.