Dyson Cordless Vacuum - Where can I get a charger with an EU plug, or a part number for one | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I have a v10 vacuum, I have asked where I can get a charger for this battery powered vacuum to get jibberish answers from Dyson on messenger. By the way I am in uk at present.

i want a charger with an eu plug.

answers have been

you can use this product in

then a list of countries it can be used in

Then a list of countries where Dyson allege it will not switch on.
Clearly Dyson do not understand battery powered items are not limited by the voltage in the country they are in. They work anywhere until discharged and then only need a charger to charge the battery that is compatible with the voltage.

then the next answer we don’t sell a uk to eu adapter- when I did not ask for one, I asked for a charger with an eu plug.

and those are the most on topic answers.

perhaps someone needs to actually read the question before answering it?

Heading to Google would be best. Dyson do state on here that all you’ll need to do is obtain a local charger. You can either buy one in country or off google/amazon. 

Can I use my Cordless vacuum cleaner abroad/overseas? | Dyson Community

Seems that Dyson dont import the eu socket/plug charger into uk. There technical/support line did not even appear to know they supplied eu plug chargers in eu. 
i would have thought such a big company could sell spares in uk, or failing that at least supply a part number (which was probably planned and allocated to it in the uk).

just for fun I asked shark if they could supply a battery vacuum with an eu plug charger, they indicated they could sell an eu plug compatible charger as a spare- within the uk.

perhaps I should just buy a shark instead of a Dyson for my motorhome.

Seems that Dyson dont import the eu socket/plug charger into uk. There technical/support line did not even appear to know they supplied eu plug chargers in eu. 
i would have thought such a big company could sell spares in uk, or failing that at least supply a part number (which was probably planned and allocated to it in the uk).

just for fun I asked shark if they could supply a battery vacuum with an eu plug charger, they indicated they could sell an eu plug compatible charger as a spare- within the uk.

perhaps I should just buy a shark instead of a Dyson for my motorhome.

Less investment in their own tech for my liking. Shark might as well be called copy-cat for all the remakes of Dyson they produce! Don’t let that sway you though. If you do go to the dark side (excuse the pun), don’t forget to activate their warranty. You only have 90 days to do it within, after that everything is charged.