Hair Screw tool velvet strip coming off after 1 hour of use | Dyson Community

Hair Screw tool velvet strip coming off after 1 hour of use

• 26 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Does anyone know the correct glue that Dyson use to glue the velvet strip on?

On my brand new hair screw tool it half hanging off after about 1 hour of use.

Dyson customer support are unable to tell me the type of glue and suggest returning it.  But I can see online this is a common issue with this attachment and I don't want to get into a cycle of replacing it one after the other... 

DavidTaylor 1 year ago

Hi @Moonwrap

I don’t suspect contact agents have access to a list of materials used in manufacturing. This type of information usually forms part of a businesses IP and isn’t shared. 

All manufacturers have an acceptable failure rate on a product line or batch. For example: Less than 5%.  Replacements, returns and refunds usually quash anyone vocalising their experience. 

I suspect you’re seeing a manufacturer defect, falling within this percentage. With the size of manufacturing, it’s doubtful you’ll see a reoccurrence on a replacement.

David. 

View original

5 replies

Dyson sell hundreds, if not thousand of items a month. Some will fail, it’s why they offer a guaranteed. 

People only tend to share a problem. I wouldn’t pay much heed to others. I’d actually find it quite strange if everyone posted how great a part was 😋! 

Get a free replacement. I very much doubt it will happen again ☺️

Hey!

Ha! @Fishtown57 you’re right. We’ve had ours since December 😬! We’ve never had a problem.

I guess it’s just bad luck. @Moonwrap.

Kirby. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Moonwrap

I don’t suspect contact agents have access to a list of materials used in manufacturing. This type of information usually forms part of a businesses IP and isn’t shared. 

All manufacturers have an acceptable failure rate on a product line or batch. For example: Less than 5%.  Replacements, returns and refunds usually quash anyone vocalising their experience. 

I suspect you’re seeing a manufacturer defect, falling within this percentage. With the size of manufacturing, it’s doubtful you’ll see a reoccurrence on a replacement.

David. 

Yes I hope so... I can see that these strips are often also attached/fixed at the ends and on this item it isn't. 

I had the exact same problem, after first used, same day I received the machine. Customer service told me it wasn’t covered. They said it was normal wear and tear. After the first use? On the first day I got it? Can’t be right? Any advice?