Has the Cordless v11 Outsize Been Discontinued? | Dyson Community
Solved

Has the Cordless v11 Outsize Been Discontinued?

• 10 January 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to find a new brush and/or motorhead for my Dyson V11 Outsize vacuum and almost  everything is out of stock on the web site for this model.  I have called support and no one can tell me when it will be re-stocked and I feel like maybe this model is discontinued? I have only had it a little over two years and I love it but it is not picking much up and if these parts are no longer being made, I will need to look into getting another vacuum which is really disappointing.

I hope there is good news for me in the Dyson Community 🙂

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Stuart 10 January 2023, 15:17

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 1

I was also told that I could use the 970100-05 cleaning head so I am looking into that now.  The replacement part(s) I am really hoping for are 970426-01 and 970788-01 if there is any information on those parts.  

Any advice is most welcome.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @v11Outsize 

Thanks for creating a post. 

I’m sorry to read that you’ve had trouble placing an order for spare parts for the V11 Outsize vacuum.

While stock levels do fluctuate throughout the year, depending on demand which can be higher around our peak periods and gifting seasons, I can reassure you that this model has not been discontinued or retired.

Where our owners have been unsuccessful in ordering a part through our website, we encourage them to completely the ‘Notify Me’ option.

This ‘Notify Me’ option allows the user to supply their email, without the need to log into the online service, and receive notifications on when a spare, accessory or product is back in stock. If you haven’t already done this, I would urge you to do so.

With this in mind, all spare parts that are associated with your machine are viewable through your local website. Visit our How to: Order spare parts and accessories for further information on this. 

In regards to the additional part number you have been provided with, these relate to the High Torque XL cleaner head available for purchase in our US market.

Please feel free to @me if you have any further questions. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 1

@Stuart  - thank you so much for your reply - I really appreciate it.  If I could ask one more question - aside from being smaller, do you know of any issues of using the 970100-05 cleaning head until the proper part is available for the v11 Outsize?  

Thanks again for your help.

Hi @v11Outsize there would not be any issues with using the standard size cleaner head with your Outsize machine until the XL cleaner head restocks. it will work the same just a bit smaller in size! 

We hope this helps. We are always glad to help. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks very much for confirming the part will work.  I appreciate the quick responses on forum.

Userlevel 1

Just checking in - these parts (brush and cleaning head) are still not available for the v11 Outsize.  The smaller head works but not as well.  Any updates?  This seems like a long time to not have basic replacement parts.

Thanks in advance for any updates.

Just checking in - these parts (brush and cleaning head) are still not available for the v11 Outsize.  The smaller head works but not as well.  Any updates?  This seems like a long time to not have basic replacement parts.

Thanks in advance for any updates.

I’d say outsize parts are getting pretty difficult to get now. I had the floor head go faulty on mine just under the first year of the warranty and dyson couldn’t get a replacement head so did a machine swap for a brand new outsize. Same thing happened again a few months ago and couldn’t get replacement head again and this time their was no outsize machines available to swap so they have gave me the top spec V15. I assume your floor head is faulty have you considered going down Dyson’s out of warranty fixed repair cost route I think you pay £79 they collect your outsize, repair it and then return to it to you with all repair work fully guaranteed for a year upon return to you. Just thinking a new floor head is £70 and the fixed repair cost for out of warranty repair is £79 and I’d presume if you sent it to them and they couldn’t repair the floor head or replace it they would have to offer you some form of solution. 

Have you received your V11 replacement head yet?? Mine has only just broken and I really don’t want to be waiting months for a replacement. And i’m not that happy about having a smaller head because I feel like I paid so much at the start specifically for the larger size that i don’t want to be stuck with a smaller one. 

Userlevel 1

I have not recieved a head and all parts are out of stock still.  

I appreciated the advice above on requesting a repair but I don’t live near a store and I only have the one vacuum so it would be hard to wait to mail it back for repairs.

I am really disappointed with Dyson.  I don’t think they are being honest with people about what is happening with the v11 Outsize.  This is really too bad because I bought this based on their reputation. For me, this was quite expensive.

I am saving up for a new vacuum and it will not be a Dyson.

I have not recieved a head and all parts are out of stock still.  

I appreciated the advice above on requesting a repair but I don’t live near a store and I only have the one vacuum so it would be hard to wait to mail it back for repairs.

I am really disappointed with Dyson.  I don’t think they are being honest with people about what is happening with the v11 Outsize.  This is really too bad because I bought this based on their reputation. For me, this was quite expensive.

I am saving up for a new vacuum and it will not be a Dyson.

Same here...VERY disappointed. Need a new High Torque XL cleaner head (Part no. 970426-05) and it is nowhere to be found. Paid way too much for the v11 Outsize to not have replacement parts available. 

I clicked the “Notify Me” button months ago on this replacement part (970788-04) and have yet to receive a notification that its back in stock. What do you expect Dyson? That I’ll just buy a new version of your vacuum every time I need to replace a part? If so, I won’t be replacing it with another Dyson, that’s for sure.

Badge

This lack of replacement parts would seem to be a problem when a frugal manufacturer likes to put out several different models a year. One the reserve supply of parts is exhausted new ones will not be manufactured as that would be too expensive. Once you are past warranty you are SOL. 😪

This lack of replacement parts would seem to be a problem when a frugal manufacturer likes to put out several different models a year. One the reserve supply of parts is exhausted new ones will not be manufactured as that would be too expensive. Once you are past warranty you are SOL. 😪

don’t know where you are based but in the UK this is not the case. In the UK once you are out of warranty Dyson offer a fixed price repair service for £79 where they collect your dyson repair it and then send it back to you with all repair work guaranteed for a year. 

Badge

don’t know where you are based but in the UK this is not the case. In the UK once you are out of warranty Dyson offer a fixed price repair service for £79 where they collect your dyson repair it and then send it back to you with all repair work guaranteed for a year. 

Now here is a non sequitur 

Don't see the issue you say your so out of luck when out of warranty. But that's not the case even if parts are out of stock if you opted for the fixed price repair service they will send back a fully repaired machine with a 1 year warranty usually better option as fixed price service is normally cheaper than the cost of a new Dyson floor head which will set you back £79-£99 from Dyson.

Badge

Don't see the issue you say your so out of luck when out of warranty. But that's not the case even if parts are out of stock if you opted for the fixed price repair service they will send back a fully repaired machine with a 1 year warranty usually better option as fixed price service is normally cheaper than the cost of a new Dyson floor head which will set you back £79-£99 from Dyson.

Your perhaps did not read my beginning post.

If they no gotz I no getz