How to recieve refund from Dyson?! | Dyson Community
Solved

How to recieve refund from Dyson?!

• 19 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I ordered a V15 vacuum in November of 2023 when the deals for Black Friday were happening. I got the vacuum with free mattress attachment for $619.55 via Affirm payments & thought it was a decent deal. I purchase the item & select shipping dates for a few days later thinking there’s no way it will arrive that fast.

Within a day or two I received 2 separate emails stating that the free mattress tool was sold out so they would have to cancel the entire order. I thought that was odd but also thought I would just order another vacuum without the free tool because I didn’t care that much. The conflicting part was that I also received several emails with different tracking numbers from UPS & GLS stating the vacuum was out for delivery the same day. I look back on the website & the price of the vacuum has already drop over $100 from what I paid less than a week prior. I contact customer & explained the situation of the emails for cancelled order & the deliver emails plus the change in price. They advise the item is on the way & they will price match the difference since I just bought it. I never receive any confirmation documentation. 

I call multiple times, chat with agents via their chat prompts & respond to the order confirmation emails. The agent advises the order is not cancelled & is arriving the next day(even though the email stated it will show up that day). I assume they made a mistake somewhere and the vacuum would come but the free tool was sold out. Nope, the free tool arrives at my doorstep from UPS. Just the free tool. The one that was stated to be out of stock & resulted in my order being cancelled….

I’m confused but assume the actual vacuum will arrive the next day from UPS similar to the free tool. Days go by, past the expected delivery date, and nothing shows up. I reach out to Dyson customer service & they advise me that it’s been delivered via 1 of several tracking numbers I received. The tracking from GLS shows it was delivered my front door but the photo is an unrecognizable location that is not my front door as requested. The tracking also shows I signed for the package but that’s of course not true. 

I explain this & they advise they will mark as lost/stolen & will investigate. Days go by & nothing happens so I reach out yet again. I get the same run around & told that I will receive the price match I requested as well as the item shortly. 

Fast forward to today, almost 3 months later with no resolution. I’ve received multiple emails from Dyson customer service stating that they apologize for the inconvenience & the have issued the refund & will appear in a few business days. I wait but nothing ever happens so I  continue to reach out & they keep advising the item was delivered.  I even waited on the phone multiple times for 5+ hours to speak to an upper management personnel or someone who can actually help only to be that I have to file a claim with GLS & the item is showing delivered so they can’t do anything. Then again, GLS points me back to Dyson. 

This is beyond frustrating from something that should have either arrived months ago or been refunded months ago. I still have to pay payments through Affirm that I don’t even have! I’ll never buy a Dyson machine ever again through Dyson if AT ALL after this horrible experience. It’s beyond ridiculous customer service. What else can be done to get my refund?!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 19 February 2024, 21:16

View original

1 reply

Hi @JMilionair I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience. I sent you a DM here can you check that for me.