Dyson won't stand up because the wheels don't drop down - Any suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson won't stand up because the wheels don't drop down - Any suggestions?

• 18 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Usually when we've finished vacuuming we just stand the machine up and the wheels drop down, but it stopped doing this 2 days ago. 

I'm pretty handy and like to fix things when they break, so started looking in to the problem. 

I removed the cover over the filter and motor to get a better view. On operating the mechanism I could see a clear plastic "cog" that had a piece broken off it. I can probably glue this back together but it won't last very long so is like to buy a new one - but I can't see they part listed anywhere.

Can anybody advise on how I can buy this part? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 May 2023, 11:23

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Online. Search Google for Dyson Schematics. Various sites have these uploaded, I just trawl until I find the one I’m after.

I’m starting to wonder if I should cast a metal one to replace it. I’ve seen ones for a DC40 online - ranging in price from £2.50 - upwards but I’ve asked and apparently, although they look the same they are not.

May I ask - where are you getting the diagrams?

Thanks

Andy

The part might not be sold separately. Smaller components are usually part of assembly’s. 

This is the Yok Service Assy - note the white plastic on the left. 

This is the part I need - can't see it on the parts list. 

Seems a very delicate part and likely to break as the plastic ages.

Hi James,

I’ve found a clear plastic “cog” that sits on the side of the ball - it had broken. I’ve glued it but I know it won’t last 5 minutes so have been trying to find the replacement part. Do you have an exploded parts diagram for the ball area?

Thanks

Andy

Give How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community a try. I repair and replace parts on my aging vacuums, PartCentre are reliable and have great stock for old dyson products. 

The Axlestand spring maybe?