Jake Dyson introduces the Dyson OnTrac™ headphones | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Sticky NEWS - HEADPHONES

Jake Dyson introduces the Dyson OnTrac™ headphones

• 22 July 2024
  • 5 replies
Jake Dyson introduces the Dyson OnTrac™ headphones

We’re proud to introduce the Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones. With best-in-class Active Noise Cancellation and enhanced sound range. Engineered for all-day comfort.

Watch as Jake Dyson explains the engineering journey that led to the Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones. From our origins developing quiet vacuuming technology, to our expansion into making advanced noise cancellation for the Dyson Zone™️ noise-cancelling headphones.

Sign up to be notified as soon as the Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones are available where you are!

Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones

Choose from four colourways - CNC Copper, CNC Aluminium, CNC Black Nickel and Ceramic Cinnabar. Customise with additional ear cushions and outer caps to create your own signature combination.

Features

Engineered for all day comfort

Soft microfibre ear cushions, even weight distribution and optimised clamp force. Tested on diverse head sizes for a comfortable fit. 

Add more cushions and caps

Make your headphones your own. Choose from additional ear cushions and outer caps in a range of colours and finishes. Accessories sold separately. 

Up to 55 hours of run time

Quick charging capability delivers 2.5 hours of listening from 10 minutes of charging, or 9 hours from a 30-minute charge.

FAQs

What are the different ANC modes?

• Isolation mode: The maximum level of ANC, reducing surrounding and background noise. This is the default setting for your headphones.
  • Transparency mode: Hear outside noise, with a focus on voices, for clear conversations.
  • Off: This mode completely deactivates the ANC.

Double tap the outer cap to switch between Isolation mode and Transparency mode. Use the MyDyson™️ app to toggle through all three modes

What’s the benefit of real-time sound tracking?

Monitoring in-ear and external volume can help identify potentially harmful audio levels. The MyDyson™️ app can compile historical data to build up a picture of noise pollution around you, so you know which areas present consistent issues.

Can the EQ be adjusted?

Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones feature three preset EQ levels controlled in the MyDyson™️ app – Bass boost, Enhanced and Neutral. Balanced by our audio engineers for ideal listening to a range of genres.

How do Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones achieve best-in-class noise cancellation?

8 Active Noise Cancelling microphones sense outside sounds 384,000 times a second. Combined with passive attenuation, they cancel up to 40dB of unwanted noise, for fully-immersive listening.

Can the Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones be used for travel or on flights?

Yes. Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones can be used on flights, with the Dyson in-flight adaptor that’s available from Dyson separately.

Connect the In-flight cable to the 2-pin adaptor, then plug into the plane's entertainment system via the audio port. The In-flight adaptor will only charge your Dyson OnTrac™️ noise-cancelling headphones when the USB-C cable is also used.

Please note that the audio controls on your Dyson OnTrac™️ noise-cancelling headphones will not function when the In-flight adaptor is in use.

Can I use the headphones without connecting to the MyDyson™️ app?

For full use of features and the best audio experience, we recommend connecting via the MyDyson™️ app to control Equaliser settings, monitor real-time sound tracking, toggle through ANC modes, troubleshoot, and get support. You will also receive automatic software updates throughout the life of the headphones.

Users can connect the Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones to a Bluetooth®️ enabled device and listen to music without the MyDyson™️ app, but don’t have access to full functionality.

Do the Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones fold flat?

Gimbal arms allow the ear cups to be rotated so the headphones fold flat. With a slimline, protective case for easy transportation.

Does the Dyson OnTrac™️ Slimline case come with the headphones?
Yes. You receive a complimentary Dyson OnTrac™️ Slimline case when you purchase Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones. Fold them flat and slide them in their slim, protective case, to take them wherever you go.

How long is the guarantee?

Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones include a 2 year guarantee, effective from the date of purchase.

How long did Dyson OnTrac™ take to develop?

Building on the six-year development process for the Dyson Zone™️ headphones, our engineers spent a further two years for us to engineer and develop the Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones.

How many engineers worked on Dyson OnTrac™ headphones?

Over 100 engineers worked on the Dyson OnTrac™ headphones between our UK and SEA campuses. 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

as unique as the models used in this promo, im also a unique individual. i have thoroughly enjoyed the dyson zones. i think they are innovative, fun, and sound really great.  i use them all the time for music and when i can to filter the air. 

i hope these new models keep the comfort the zones have. the marshmallow style ear cups on the zones are super comfy and the headband is nice on the head.

i look forward to these!! Any ETA you can share with the class, @Jack ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hey @ernables,

The Dyson OnTrac™ headphones have been engineered for optimum comfort on a very broad range of head shapes. The soft microfibre ear cushions mould to your ears and seal in sound - without squashing your ears! Even weight distribution and optimised clamp force mean you can enjoy your music all day long.

I don’t have an exact release date to share just yet, but as ever I’ll be keeping the Dyson Community updated whenever there’s news. In the meantime, sign up here if you haven’t already, and we can keep you in the loop with updates!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

thanks jack for the update. i see a couple early “influencer” reviews up, but im quite sure these will sound as good or better than the zones. for the record, i love the zones and feel they just got a bad rep from the influencers out there who just didnt understand the demo of these headphones. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hey @ernables,

I’ve tried the Dyson OnTrac™ headphones myself, and I’m confident you won’t be disappointed when you’re able to get hands-on with them! 😊

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hey @ernables,

I’ve tried the Dyson OnTrac™ headphones myself, and I’m confident you won’t be disappointed when you’re able to get hands-on with them! 😊

the zones have not let me down so im sure these will be amazing. thanks for the comment jack! ;-)