Big+Quiet BP03 temperature reading too high | Dyson Community
Solved

Big+Quiet BP03 temperature reading too high

• 13 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hey guys,

Recently we got a Big+Quiet BP03 purifier, have it for about 5 days now, it has been generally great and living up to our expectations. We have it running full time mostly on auto.

But there is just one thing - the temperature reading seems to be always around 2 degrees higher compared to our other thermometers (both analogue and digital ones). E.g. when it is around 26°C, the purifier would show 28°C. The reading does move up and down relatively as the temperature changes, but the number is always a bit high.

We tried vacuuming the sensor ports, and also did a few factory resets (by holding down power button on both remote and the unit for 10 seconds), but it is still the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to manually calibrate the temperature?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 December 2023, 20:02

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hello, mine does the same. It's currently 66F in my house and the machine is reading 72F. There's no heat source near the machine. Seems like a calibration problem to me. Hopefully it can be fixed in a future update.

Hi @ap215 . Thanks for your post. Because the temperature is subject to change as the machine could be next to a heat source, it is normal for the purifier to be a tad higher than your home temperature reading on your thermometer. 

I’m experiencing the same, however about a 3 to 4C difference (over reading). For example, the room is 23c and the Big+Quiet BP03 displays 27C.