Please help! Re: vog filtration | Dyson Community
Solved

Please help! Re: vog filtration

• 30 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Do any of the Dyson purifiers filter So2 or vog? We have the DYSON PURE COOL (2018) and the Dyson Purifier Cool TP07. It's vital to know if these will keep us safe from volcanic gases as our volcano erupts just 30 miles from our home and when the wind shifts south or southwest at a moments notice we are left with the extreme health hazards of vog.

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 2 December 2022, 02:35

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @mothersunshine 

A very tricky question to help answer. One must ensure several factors are not overlooked or very least considered. 

Foremost, is that Dyson products are not medical aids and shouldn’t be used as a countermeasure or solely relied upon against hazards. 

Dyson filtration, including that in their purifiers is intended for use in a domestic environment. Removing particulates caused by normal domestic activity. Read Common household pollutants for a full lust of particulate and their source.

Filtration doesn’t claim to remove all particulates. However, their filters are classified as HEPA, with the latest iteration removing formaldehyde as an addition. Focusing on particulates as small as 0.1-3 microns. I urge you in visiting their website, reading their Filtration Research. This should provide you with a somewhat better understanding.

As Volcanic smog is not a normal use case for development for units intended for domestic home use. I don’t foresee this being included as standard. That is unless you can see something I have missed on the links I have shared. Although, an argument could be had in that they remove particulate down to a very low micron.

I recognise this isn’t an answer. More of an observation and opinion sharing. 

David.