Software Feature Request: Filter Update Request | Duel vs Single Variants | Dyson Community
Solved

Software Feature Request: Filter Update Request | Duel vs Single Variants

• 9 September 2023
  • 3 replies

• Rookie Member
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

I have a TP09 (newer Formaldehyde purifier) and a slightly older DP04.  The DP04 used to consume both a separate carbon filter and HEPA filter, but Dyson have since implemented an all-in-one Carbon+HEPA filter, which I am using in my DP04.  

The slightly annoying thing is that Dyson have not yet implemented a visual solution to the change in filters being sold, so both the machine itself and the app show that 2 separate older style filters are needed, and while the counters are reset once in a blue moon, it would be fantastic if Dyson changed the software on the purifier and the app to show just the need for one filter.  I understand that the counter is just the same as the older one, but it’s slightly poor that Dyson have ignored this, especially as it’s a consumable.  

Are the Dyson software developers aware of this, and are there any planned changes to upcoming software releases, both for the purifier itself and the app to communicate the new type of filter, and align all of their purifiers with this new unified all-in-one filter?

icon

Best answer by Stuart 12 September 2023, 11:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Ash 

A good question!

I’ve previously discussed this topic with the software and development team here at Dyson - unfortunately,  these Purifier(s) have no way to identify the single use filter over that of the duel filter instillation. Because of this, there isn’t anything that can be done to amend the In-App experience or change the method of resetting the filters.

However, I had asked that they look at updating/amending links for purchasing within the Dyson App and providing a prompt explaining the Single use filter process. To my knowledge, they’ve already made some some headway, by rolling out deep linking for part purchasing (which should direct you to the single 360° Combi Glass HEPA+Carbon Air Purifier Filter) and introduced a in-app notification for those changing to this one variant. 

If you’ve not already done so, you will need to reset both of these filter types, otherwise you may receive notification that one of the filter is depleted. Further information on resetting both filters can be found on this article - Resetting the air treatment machine's filter(s)

If you’re having problems with resetting the filter(s) or have any follow up questions, feel free to @Me in a reply.

Thanks,

Stuart

Thank you for the reply, Stuart, and for consulting the development team.

In my opinion, introducing a software update with a toggle feature would be the ideal solution. However, I understand the hesitance from the development team, as implementing such a feature would entail additional work. Given that the same time based counter/metric is used, an option to toggle between filters—especially since the older part numbers are now discontinued—would be invaluable. This would not only extend the lifespan of the product but also demonstrate that Dyson and its development team are committed to improving the user interface and overall experience.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for the feedback here @Ash - I’ll share it with the wider team.

I can’t promise it will trigger an action, such as that which you’ve described, it should however be considered when they are looking at development workloads.

I don’t want this putting you off making future suggestions, if you do have any other feedback or features you wanted to Wishlist for the App, please let me know 😁!

Stuart