Tobacco Smoke removed by Dyson air purifier | Dyson Community

Tobacco Smoke removed by Dyson air purifier

• 10 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello Dyson community! I’m wondering if anyone has experience using a Dyson air purifier to deal with smoke drifting from downstairs to upstairs in the house. My husband smokes in the living room, and the smoke tends to travel upstairs into the bedrooms. Can the Dyson air purifier effectively help reduce or eliminate this issue? I’d appreciate any insights or recommendations. Thanks!

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

Stuart 7 months ago

Hi @Sawsensaad,

It doesn’t look like many other members have insight to share here - I suspect this might simply be lack of experience in the matter 

Further to David’s reply, our What are the common household pollutants? should be able to answer what pollutants are captured by Dyson Purifiers. Secondly, the ‘Related topics’ on the article should help to answer any follow up questions on the subject of Air Quality. 

If you do have any follow up questions that go unanswered through our other content, please feel free to share them here. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello @Sawsensaad.

Officially Dyson don’t sell their products as medical aids, there may therefore always be an amount of passive smoke and other toxins that make up the tobacco that their purifiers will not help neutralise. These may not even be detected by the unit.

Although they do state that NO (tobacco) should be removed when using their latest technology, I personally wouldn’t relay solely upon this for the removal of the fumes/chemicals.

Visit their website for a full list of what they remove - Dyson HEPA Cool Formaldehyde.

David. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Sawsensaad,

It doesn’t look like many other members have insight to share here - I suspect this might simply be lack of experience in the matter 

Further to David’s reply, our What are the common household pollutants? should be able to answer what pollutants are captured by Dyson Purifiers. Secondly, the ‘Related topics’ on the article should help to answer any follow up questions on the subject of Air Quality. 

If you do have any follow up questions that go unanswered through our other content, please feel free to share them here. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Thank you, David, for your informative reply. I’ll take your advice into consideration and visit Dyson’s website to get a comprehensive list of what their purifiers can remove. It’s helpful to know the limitations and not solely rely on them for removing certain fumes and chemicals. Your insights are much appreciated. 🙏

Thank you, Stuart, for your guidance and suggestions. I’ll be sure to explore the ‘What are the common household pollutants?’ article and check out the ‘Related topics’ section for further information on air quality and Dyson Purifiers. If I have any more questions in the future, I’ll definitely share them in this discussion. Your assistance is greatly appreciated! 👍