Animal V8 - constant clogging with pet hair | Dyson Community
Solved

Animal V8 - constant clogging with pet hair

• 13 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I am one of those people who dreamed about getting a Dyson and we bought one ahead of getting a dog. I thought it would handle pet hair no problem, but recently I wish I’d bought something else.

The reason is that I can’t get through two rooms without it clogging with pet hair. I vacuum regularly, so it’s not like I’m letting it build up, but it can’t handle much going through the initial nozzle attached to the main body. The attachments are fine, but the main body really struggles, even when it’s not full. Then it stops, because it can’t suck anything else through.

Does anyone have any tips? I wondered if something had been put back wrong when I last took it apart to clean, but there aren’t many places to put the bits in anyway.

Thanks! 

Lisa

icon

Best answer by Stuart 18 October 2023, 11:31

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @D-i-y-sonanddogs90

Thanks for sharing your experience.

If what you are experiencing is new, it maybe that the filter requires washing, which helps maintain a strong airflow or simply that there’s a blockage elsewhere impacting the pick-up. This can likely be an overly tangled brush bar or debris stick in the wand or behind the bin door.  

For peace of mind, it would be great if you could go through the diagnostic checks on the Dyson website. These will help identify any issue and highlight other areas where an obstruction might hide. To do this, click on our Guides and manuals link, then select your machine from the options available. Once selected, simply navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. Here you will find a host of selectable options designed to support you and your machine.

If a fault isn’t detecting and the machine still reacts in this way, it is very possible it has developed an operation fault. If this is the case, our helpline will need to arrange a repair or replacement of the machine. To discuss this further, please call the Dyson Helpline and speak with our experts directly. Their number can be found under the ‘Contact us’ section of the above link. 

I hope this helps. 

Stuart.