Cordless Dyson V6 not working - Blue/Green Light | Dyson Community

Cordless Dyson V6 not working - Blue/Green Light

• 17 January 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a Dyson V6 DC62 which has stopped working  Press trigger for 10 seconds solid blue LED which turns green after 10 seconds and then goes blank. I have cleaned all the filters including the cyclone element with no success  Dyson help line suggest a new body which they can't supply(no stock) but the LED sequence repeats when the battery is separated from the body.  I have left it on charge for 4hours. 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added, Title Amended) 

Eagles 1 year ago

@Ed Holmes

Have you checked the online diagnostics? V6 Support | Troubleshooting | Dyson.

I used it previously for a colleagues v8. They specifically have a ‘Lights’ guide.  

View original

5 replies

Thank you I will order a new battery 🤞

@Ed Holmes We trust you are well!

Sorry to read you’re having an issue with your machines battery.

I just wanted to note, based on our diagnostics, the likely outcome to this issue is that you’re experiencing battery failure.

In these cases we recommend looking at a replacement battery which should resolve the issue at hand. 

To order a battery through Dyson, visit our How to: Order spare parts and accessories post. 

All Dyson battery comes with a 1-year battery warranty.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Great idea! At the very least if the borrowed battery works, you’d know it’s the part that needs replacing. If not, it will most likely be the handle component. 

Thank you I have tired this link but no joy  I’m going to “borrow” another battery and see if the vac works

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Ed Holmes

Have you checked the online diagnostics? V6 Support | Troubleshooting | Dyson.

I used it previously for a colleagues v8. They specifically have a ‘Lights’ guide.